Recently I reflashed my N900, with 27G ext3 and 2G FAT for MyDoc.

When I replace battery, the Date and Time reset to 2009/1/1 6:00 . Any clues?

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
The built-in small battery is dead. How old is your n900?

I find a "solution". I find that I must replace the battery within few seconds to prevent the problem. I just tried to repeatedly replace my batteries several times within about 3 seconds and the problem not occurred again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xusc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Hi! Recently I've been experiencing this problem also. Is there a "small battery"???, and how do we replace it? I'm using 1 spare N900 battery and it's frustrating resetting the date/time each time I swap the batteries. I believe I've swap them under 1 secs but still need to reset the date/time.

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
the same annoying problem is with me. i have to set date and time again n again as i re-insert the battery. what proper solution there could be.? i am eager to know that.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Tetovo,Macedonia
Same thing here guys...any solution?

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ United Kingdom
There is a button cell soldered onto the motherboard

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
There is a button cell soldered onto the motherboard
This.

It's kind of stupid to put a non-user-replaceable battery in there when they could've just used a capacitor, for the small amount of time the battery's pulled out to change SIM or do a hard power cycle.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
well all portable devices have a small battery soldered into the main board to keep your devices time & date alive 24/7....if the battery is dead then your device will depends on your main battery to make sure the time & date is not reset every time you turn of your devices...

this small battery can be replaced at any phone repair shop...you can replaced your self if you know how to solder it...

FYI...if your devices time & date got reset then that is the date that your devices have been made/manufacture....

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
well all portable devices have a small battery soldered into the main board to keep your devices time & date alive 24/7....if the battery is dead then your device will depends on your main battery to make sure the time & date is not reset every time you turn of your devices...

this small battery can be replaced at any phone repair shop...you can replaced your self if you know how to solder it...

FYI...if your devices time & date got reset then that is the date that your devices have been made/manufacture....
My N95 doesn't have this button-cell battry soldered, it just sips power from the inserted battery.