Notices

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ SAN PEDRO LAGUNA, PHILIPPINES
Ms. michaaa62 unfortunately there's no avaible pc with linux here in the philippines so i can't be able to use the dd command. But on the second option where could i download recovery tools package?? And also can you show me the exact commands to type in "testdisk" it would be a great help for me to easily understand it. And since there's no memory to save and access my N90 i should buy a micro sd right to instal the revory tools??

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ SAN PEDRO LAGUNA, PHILIPPINES
to add also michaaa62 i guess that the mounting is not possible because honeslty i don't have the full back-up of my files a little backup only my DCIM but other than that there's none. so what do you think?

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Try to get this commands working
Code:
sudo gainroot
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0p1 of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=512 count=1 skip=6
fsck -af /dev/mmcblk0p1
This might recover the file system fastest. Well, if it works.

Testdisk is part of recovery-tools package
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get install recovery-tools
Testdisk itself does not need mounted devices, it has it s own heuristic to read patterns of file types on the device regardless of the file system. The usage is pretty straight as in the linked post http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=16

michaaa62 thanks for all the help anyways but now unfortunately my N900 didn't boot up no matter how turned on the device because i uninstall it's kernel. The reason i did this was to restore it's original nokia kernel because overclocking my device was one of the main reason why the memory was corrupted so i reinstalled it but accidentally my n900 automatically shuts down w/o having to reinstall the kernel. This is my second attempt to reinstall it following the steps here http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power but when im in the step # 6 it shuts down automatically and then my phone didn't boot already. My fault also because i tried to do it w/o a net connection but due to the corruption of my memory i can't access to the net and also i tried to do it w/o a net connection it is possible..Am i correct right?? What should i do about this?

The storage issue is not changed by flashing the firmware. It is the vanilla Emmc image that would rewrite the MyDocs partition. So nothing last yet!

For a freshly flashed N900 make suer to upgrade it first using the HildonApplicationManager to get some security fixes first. Then reboot.

For kernel power installation you have to make sure to have first rootsh installed to be able to use the command line. Then make sure to install flasher, modules and kernel for the version you are getting from the repos.
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get install kernel-power kernel-power-modules kernel-power-flasher
Watch that the kernel-flasher application in X-Terminal reports the successful flashing of the kernel.

There are no restrictions to network settings or connections involved here! Also storage corruption does not influence network settings or network connection.

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
yeah thanks but how i reflashed it or install the kernel if i can't turned on the phone?? Can u tell me how to reflash it using idle mode the one with dimmed light screen while pressing "u"?? It's my first time to do reflashing the one i usually seen on videos can tell me all the steps if that's ok with you. thanks in advance =)

Here is the wiki entry about reflashing; http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware
Look for your PC's OS, download the firmware for your region. Then strictly follow this guide, just this one, not mixing it with some other Howtos you might have found on the net.

Ms. michaaa62 i got a little confusion about the page you endorsed to me what should i follow?? flashing the FIASCO or eMMC?? I only want to do is to install a kernel on my phone to boot up. Does installing a kernel on my phone need also to update it's firmware?? Sorry for the many questions because i'm just only a newbie in this "flashing" thing.

Before ReFlashing the device try this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...05#post1244705

and to be specific the solution on post 30:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=30

em28 hope to do it but in my case it is not possible because i can't access to my phone nor open it because i accidentally removed it's kernel and since there in no kernel present in my phone it will not boot up =(..