Notices

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
There might be a way to upload photos, just sniff an iPhone and present yourself as such in the POST request. If you're interested, PM me, I'll explain the details.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
So is Malome any good as compared to Instagram?

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
@knobtviker: Yeah, I know. It shouldn't even be that hard (granted: I haven't checked yet how they actually do it). But the truth is: I want to play this by the book.

Instagram said they will whitelist applications if they see a use for them. And my point will be: they don't provide a MeeGo client, so it's no competition. I don't think they ever will. And it won't even be that much traffic, because they aren't that much devices around to be honest.

Let's see what happens. First things first: I need to make Instago as good as possible before asking

If all else fails, let's check the traffic

@Muzimak: Well, some say it's rather good, so you should just try it yourself. Me, I prefer Instagram. Others may not.

Last edited by dirksonguer; 2012-09-17 at 18:02.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Hi all,

I'm making good progress on the next version. To avoid trouble I won't paste a changelog here, but since checking into the repository is fine by the rules of the competition, clever people may find the change notes in the repo.

@knobtviker: Go figure: http://instagram.com/p/Prtxg8KlrD/ Seems doable, but I guess Instagram won't like it

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
thx dirksonguer. Cant wait......

Still working on the app, but at the moment I hit a bit of a bump when I realized that XMLHttpRequest does not support the DELETE method (since they "forgot" to implement it in Qt4.7). Bascially I need that for removing likes, follows and so on.

So, yeah, there seems to be a fix for 4.8 and 5.0, but since we are stuck on the N9 (for the official package) with 4.7.4, this is no good. https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,32533

Well, a webview in the background could somewhat work I guess as those are only events, but that pretty much sucks.

And then of course I could make a QNetworkRequest, but I want to stay with QML as much as possible (call me lazy ).

Any ideas of doing this?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirksonguer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
just wait it

This is one helluva good post! I really hope it works out, cause not having Instagram is one of few downsides of having a N9!

You do it! Harmattan community is behind you all the way!

Originally Posted by dirksonguer View Post
Hi all,

@knobtviker: Go figure: http://instagram.com/p/Prtxg8KlrD/ Seems doable, but I guess Instagram won't like it
In think once you get the application to a certain level of completeness and popular usage, you will be in a good position to approach Instagram and ask about the official permission for this feature.

Given that they allowed/partnerred with Hipstamatic to upload directly from that app on iPhone, it is theoretically possible they could allow other applications to do so in future. However it is also likely that they will be very fussy about which applications they allow the direct upload feature.

Also, thanks for making this app!

thanks for developing this app! Can't wait for the first beta!

Tags
development, instago, instagram