Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Here, read about it. To get into Extras, an app has to be optified, so it should be optified by the dev before promoting it to Testing. That's what Testing is for, though, to verify that--among other things.

And that's enough talk about Extras-Testing...

I made the final test myself and promoted PrBoom: Doom is now in Fremantle Extras!

Many thanks to those who participated in testing.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Well done! But how do you promote things while the servers are down? :-)

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Here, read about it.
thanks

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I made the final test myself and promoted PrBoom: Doom is now in Fremantle Extras!.
yeah i did see that and i was positively surprised when i saw BJ's face in the list
btw why is it bj's face, not the face of the doom-soldier?

It's the face from the doom status bar, the guy may look similar to BJ from Wolfenstein but it's not the exact same graphic anyway. :P

The Following User Says Thank You to slux For This Useful Post:
Yup, that's right: Buddy (or Flynn, depending on who you ask) is supposed to be a descendent of B.J. from Wolfenstein. I thought his (the Doom guy's) mug was one of the more recognizable images to use as the icon.

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
haha ok, its been a long time i played the original doom and wolfenstein, so i mixed them up xD
they really look similar.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Verona, Italy
Very, very, very good!!!

Thanks soooooo much!!!

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
First of all, thank you for that awesome Doom-port.

The key remapping works fine, however, I have issues when switching back. I'm using my own key-remap which I saved in rx-51 file as 'my' and load it via setxkbmap my.
When returning from the game I've get the standard German layout (my native one 'de') but not the one I chose (namely 'my').
Is there a way to fix that?

About the music issue. Perhaps it's possible to use some from of fm-chip simulation. I know there some of those, but couldn't find any just now. Perhaps include music with the additional option to have one of those emulators running in the background.

The Following User Says Thank You to endboss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin

Thanks for the report.

The keyboard layout is changed with a call to gconf-2. Can you change locales with setxkbmap? The present method is a nasty hack to get around Nokia's nasty design decision and nobody has suggested "the right way" to deal with it, in spite of my bug report on the matter. I'm open to ideas for improvement and would also welcome popular support @ the bug report to encourage the devs to prepare a direct solution for this ongoing problem.

PrBoom uses Timidity for music, and seems to be somewhat broken. I'll add music support to the TODO list, but the demand hasn't been very high so far.

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-01-20 at 20:14. Reason: Added link to bug. Please go there and stir up trouble...or at least report that in your case the best known workaround fails

Tags
arcade, doom, fps, fremantle, game, id software, maemo 5, prboom, shooter, wad