Notices

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by samuch View Post
Have to agree that it's a bit misleading. It doesn't say that you are actually getting version 9 until after you pay, download, and are installing. That's disappointing. I just purchased it and was a bit let down.
The web site now informs the user "The application version for the Maemo operating system is Mobile Maps 9."
prior to paying for the application

Navigation is not suspend during the call , and you can hear the voice commands during the call as well.
Originally Posted by evad View Post
Wow, that sucks.
I would say that's a feature. You wouldn't want to miss a turn just because you are talking to someone?

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by hopla View Post
I would say that's a feature. You wouldn't want to miss a turn just because you are talking to someone?
That's probably a matter of preference, however since we are talking about a mobile phone here, I reckon voice calls should *always* take precedence over anything else.

Depends on the user I guess (I myself would prefer them concurrently). It annoys me as is when the system pauses audio to play a ringtone, im, alert, gps voice guidance, etc..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by evad View Post
That's probably a matter of preference, however since we are talking about a mobile phone here, I reckon voice calls should *always* take precedence over anything else.
You can disable the voice commands before your call.

I agree with you it is annoying sometimes, but it is very useful when you are driving a car and some one called you suddenly.

I prefer to disable the voice comands and make a call as backgroung during looking to Sygic maps.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ireland
I downloaded the demo from Ovi to test out today.
Was bringing the little one to the Zoo so I was thinking 'what the hey, i'll test it now'

After todays testing I conclude it has LONG way to go before it gets anywhere near my Garmin 760.
Did it find the Zoo (The only one in Dublin...) Nope
Could I find anything related to it in the search,? Nope
Did it know of the park the Zoo is located in (Biggest park in Europe I might add ) Nope, it could see it on the map but no name was given for it.
It was about then I went beck to using the Garmin and deiced to remove Maps9 from my device... Hope Maps 10 is a hell of a lot better.

This is depend on the maps not the program it self, Garmin is wonderful.

But for now Map 9 Sygic is very good really, but not in every country.

I tried in Cairo,Egypt it was too accurate and fast and wonderful, and i used in Kuwait was not accurate in many many areas.

However, I think this is because i'm using maps of 2009 as they did not release yet the 2010 middle east maps.

I believe that Map9 (Sygic) is better than Ovi maps came with N900. I'm satisfied with it.

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Does anyone have this error?

Settings-GPS hardware-Baudrate
Attached Images

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hello
I have a problem with update to v7.71.1.
Today I purchased Mobile Maps App. with Benelux maps and activated them with my code I received from sygic site.
After this I tried to install update to version 7.71.1, but I can't.
I add the catalog from his site:
Catalogue Name: Sygic Mobile Maps
Web Address: http://repository.sygic.com/maemo/
Distribution: fremantle
Components: non-free
Leave the check box “Disabled” unchecked.

But I still can't see the update from "update" section. I can see new version in the "download" section. I tried to install, After download my phone tried to install and stop with this message: "Unable to install Mobile Maps9 - Application". Why I don’t know....

How I can update to new version ?

Last edited by Schturman; 2010-05-09 at 20:09.

Err.. I'm not sure how your installing Mobile Maps 10 considering it's not out yet. But the repo you added is only for application updates. You need to install the app manually first by taking the files from the ZIP or whatever archive they provide and moving them into the /home/MyDocs/ directory before using the repo.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...