Closed Thread
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Dito. I worked with developers from .PL, .SK, .CZ, .RU etc. but this seems a special case...
I'm russian btw myself, and i maybe was rude and personal here, but i think it's just it got to the point you can't stand anymore, but still i think i didn't get any closer to him.

As well i was asked to post the link to the slavic thing on IRC, and though i posted the same log before, i would agree it would be more objective to do it, so here is the link again — http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-irclog/%23mae...06-26T21:40:10

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
@ZogG let it go mate.

Estel is Estel and he wont change by any means. It's partly a mentality issue as in deffrent part of the world, defferent upbringing, social layers etc. The problem being Estel hiding behind this and excusing his behavor by difference of cultures (that's just being one short of a set of balls).
He could choose to take another approach where he don't insult, demean etc. the reciever. He wants to communicate something and he has the responsibility to communicate clearly without being demeaning if he wants to be taken seriously and be respected when responded to.
He obviously wants to be as he is (demeaning, condescending, aggressive) towards people whenever he disagrees or just doesn't understands why other people has a different opinion.
He's very narrow minded and intolerant and acts childish and without any empathy.
I could argument all day long about that but it wont change Estel one bit and he's behavior will proceed cause he can't se himself objectively or wont.
I've seen a few people apologize in this thread for there behavior but Estel, being to proud, lying to himself or what ever reason he has not.
He's conducting himself poorly and will continue that when he dissagrees.
I would just ignore him if you're not ready to get into a bashing from him when ever he disagrees.
It must work for him here as in the real life to act that way, not very sensible imo.
As stated before, then there's always karma wich exists wether you believe or not and influence your life wehther you believe it or not. That's the beauty with the laws of nature they work no matter what people believes.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2012-06-28 at 13:29.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Sometimes you learn the most about human nature when you watch children. The other day i saw 2 kids playing and the stronger one grabbed a toy from his younger sibblings by force and he was told not to do so by the adults.

As he realized his mistake, i can see the conflict that played out in his mind: he grabbed hold onto the toy as he wanted it for himself, yet his guilt betrayed him as it showed in his face and behavior.

In the case here on tmo, i saw a big (and rather distasteful) defensive move when someone called foul. I didn't think it was necessary if said person was confident that he truly deserved it by merit.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
n9 is almost free now. Why not just buy another device?

and stop using thread space?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
n9 is almost free now. Why not just buy another device?
The reverse can also be argued; why not preserve their dignity and community's trust and goodwill by forfeiting their free n9. It's almost free anyway.

Obviously people value things differently and they have different priorities.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-irclog/%23mae...06-26T21:54:36

Estel_ especially, e-yes, who praised Community and Council in his submissions, yet, after losing, he posted one-liner about how he hate Council and Community. Hah!

PRAISED? WHEN? WHERE?

And I only said "Damn you, councils", AFAIR. Nothing about community.

My submission: http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...ne/005465.html

@estel, are you liar?

Last edited by e-yes; 2012-06-28 at 16:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e-yes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 1,019 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
And yes, I believe that working project (if it's really almost/halt working) is better than "theoretically hypothetical possible "concepts"".

http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail/mae...ne/005473.html

So. What is actually rule?
Become a council -> Profit ?!?

The Following User Says Thank You to e-yes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
The reverse can also be argued; why not preserve their dignity and community's trust and goodwill by forfeiting their free n9. It's almost free anyway.

Obviously people value things differently and they have different priorities.
True. they could. no doubt. But the same goes to most people posting in this thread

conflict of interest IN ALL POSTS! so if that is the case. No one here have any dignity left, execpt you ysss...since you just arrived. But what is you hidden agenda for posting in this thread.

Plz freeze everyone. You all have your own hidden agenda here!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-06-28 at 16:05.

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Here you are relying on the 'they need a device in order to develop their projects' argument. AFAIK both INABT and eyes have N9s. This will allow them to develop for the ONLY production Harmattan device in existence. No, I do not except that the N950 keyboard and some magic unnameable features make it a superior development device for Harmattan. Also, SSH works fine. My old embedded systems lecturer used to tell us the only thing you need to debug code is an LED. He was mostly right. This is a moot point.
Many Harmattan developers need ideally 2 devices to properly develop their softwares, because :
- the developer has the right to use one device (bought with own money) as an user/test device, and keep other device (won in a device program) exclusively to develop;
- many low-level hacks can result in reflashing the device;
- it is useful to have 2 or more devices with different configurations, like PR1.1/1.2/1.3, open mode kernel x inception, etc, so the developer can reproduce the user base diversity to better fix reported bugs;
- a N950 is required to have 100% N950 compatible software for some features (NITDroid, etc).

By the way, I have donated money to eyes to buy his N9 to develop NITDroid. Even a friend of mine who isn't a N9 user has donated.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
The N950s status as a development device is now void considering the N9 is available.
Why do you insist to repeat this argument so I need to reply again ?
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Many Harmattan developers need ideally 2 devices to properly develop their softwares, because :
- the developer has the right to use one device (bought with own money) as an user/test device, and keep other device (won in a device program) exclusively to develop;
- many low-level hacks can result in reflashing the device;
- it is useful to have 2 or more devices with different configurations, like PR1.1/1.2/1.3, open mode kernel x inception, etc, so the developer can reproduce the user base diversity to better fix reported bugs;
- a N950 is required to have 100% N950 compatible software for some features (NITDroid, etc).

By the way, I have donated money to eyes to buy his N9 to develop NITDroid. Even a friend of mine who isn't a N9 user has donated.

Why do you insist to repeat this argument so I need to reply again ?
Way to not read the post bro. To pick a fight you have to be MORE inflammatory. Try again.

Closed Thread

Tags
clarity, council fail, dishonesty, outcry, titfortat, trollmageddon, trolls, untrustworthy, whereisthelove