Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
My girlfriend had an X6 on contract but dropped it in the bath whilst using the camera

So she's got a 6??0 something or other that is old and she's using as a standby.

She would like a new phone (fair enough) and would like to stick with nokia. She doesn't want/need a smartphone, but a 'featurephone' would be handy, she likes to take photos and stuff...

I was thinking of getting her a Pre-3 when it comes available in the UK (£49 sim free apparently) but it would probably be a bit complicated for her to use.

She would like something with a hardware keypad, candybar style as she found the X6 touchscreen a bit too sensitive and it took her a while to get used to it.

What should I be looking at, something in the 'C' range from Nokia perhaps?

I would probably purchase it sim free as she's on an Orange contract, but not due an upgrade for a while, and I hate Orange branding on phones...

Cheers everyone...

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
pink N8
the price has fallen substantially lately. Or a C3 touch and type for something cheaper

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
camera......bath...... my heads fizzing lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corduroysack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
camera......bath...... my heads fizzing lol
Yeah, my fault :P

This thread is useless without pics, but sadly, the x6 is no more...

Well, it boots up fine, screen is fine, but no signal anymore

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Nokia E72 is a nice device. It’s thin, has a decent camera, the standby time is superb and has qwerty kb (girls really like that!). Besides that it looks elegant and the device isn’t expensive.

Originally Posted by HughF_UK View Post
My girlfriend had an X6 on contract but dropped it in the bath whilst using the camera
we need more info on this - and possibly some forensic work on the drowned phone to retrieve the pix from its memory :-)

I was thinking of getting her a Pre-3 when it comes available in the UK (£49 sim free apparently) but it would probably be a bit complicated for her to use.
Pre 3 is a good call, and my non-techie wife swears by her old original Pre. She finds it really easy to use, and the interface is very intuitive.

However, I think £49 is a pipe dream even if you manage to order one ... that figure sprang from some US press reports claiming that Pre 3 would be sold in Europe at $75 (which is around £49 depending on the conversion rate you pick). Personally I think £90 - £120 is a more realistic figure, if you are lucky enough to have an order accepted and honoured.

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

Yeah, my fault :P

This thread is useless without pics, but sadly, the x6 is no more...

Well, it boots up fine, screen is fine, but no signal anymore
DAMN! no pics lol

The Following User Says Thank You to corduroysack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Nokia 600. just seen the ad, pretty cool

looks tidy that alfred especially the 700

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-08-25 at 11:13.

I think either E6 or C6-01 would be perfect replacements.