Active Topics

Notices

Hello,

is there way to disable the red light while recording , the other day i was recording Some Police Officer's Abusing Someone after arresting him and they Note that my phone Red light so they figuered that i was recording and he ordered me to Stop , which i did

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
you can download an app called live focus.
thisll let you change the focus and control red light and flash during video

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flipalong For This Useful Post:
Great , Thx

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
You can also install the LED Patterns app, it allows you to change all the led notifications including the one for recording.

nps (:
isnt the led notifications for the little light at the top of the screen? (it goes white when turning on, blue for texts and emails, orange for charging, etc.)

is this script or something led paterns?how to use it,coz i use first time linux...
also i couldnt find lfocus in extras,i dont go further then extras

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
nps (:
isnt the led notifications for the little light at the top of the screen? (it goes white when turning on, blue for texts and emails, orange for charging, etc.)
Yeah, is there another light on the N900 that goes red when recording? Because I didn't notice one, can't see a reference to one in the manual and my N900 is off for repair so can't check myself right now. Well, if there is then maybe my suggestions is wrong.

Led Patterns is an app you need to install and it adds an extra entry in the Settings panel to control all the LED notifications, I'm not sure which repository you'll find it in though.

Maybe you should consider going beyond extras just this once, and disable the repository once you have installed what you need from it. Most of the stuff in testing is safe.

Originally Posted by oliforum View Post
is this script or something led paterns?how to use it,coz i use first time linux...
also i couldnt find lfocus in extras,i dont go further then extras
i think its in extras devel....
you can download from here though maemo.org/packages/package_instance/view/fremantle_extras-devel_free_armel/lfocus/0.914-1/
everything is explained in the description

Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Yeah, is there another light on the N900 that goes red when recording? Because I didn't notice one, can't see a reference to one in the manual and my N900 is off for repair so can't check myself right now. Well, if there is then maybe my suggestions is wrong.

Led Patterns is an app you need to install and it adds an extra entry in the Settings panel to control all the LED notifications, I'm not sure which repository you'll find it in though.

Maybe you should consider going beyond extras just this once, and disable the repository once you have installed what you need from it. Most of the stuff in testing is safe.
its the flash right above the lens, it goes red when recording a video.
yeah i know, i have that app and ive changed some of my patterns .
i have testing and devel enabled in faster app man.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flipalong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
With pr1.3 when the face camera is being used the status LED (the RGB one) by default lights up red, nothing to do with the red LED between the white flash LEDs used by the main camera

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
With pr1.3 when the face camera is being used the status LED (the RGB one) by default lights up red, nothing to do with the red LED between the white flash LEDs used by the main camera
yup i know.
but i think the op wanted to disable the one for the back camera, since you cant record with the front one