Closed Thread
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ finland
i dont read the tags, unless someone points to them.. theres just no usefull information for noone... if tags bother anyone.. just dont read them?

Last edited by thej80; 2011-04-03 at 01:29. Reason: was drunk.. typo... still drunk.. not another typo.. just telling you :)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thej80 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
I've been here for around a year now and I still haven't figured out how to tag a thread.
You don't have enough posts to do it. Tagging only becomes enabled when you reach 300 posts.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post
ha! ha! now we've got a tag on this thread by another anonymous genius saying 'poor leetnoob', as if to underline what i've been saying.

my last contribution to this community a few days ago was getting hardware video acceleration video playback working in easy debian.

i'm now saying adios completely, and any other further breakthroughs like getting video playback working higher than
864 x 648 i'll doubt i'll be sharing.

and that folks is the power of tags.

goodbye.
Personally, I think the tags should be done away with altogether. For most of the time I've been here (Since 2008), I didn't even LOOK at them, didn't even NOTICE them until very recently (like maybe the past year). heh They're very pointless.

More importantly, if all it takes is a few mean words in tags to hurt your ego and make you quit a project, it makes me wonder whether you're looking for a convenient way to make it look like quitting wasn't your own intention. It makes one ponder whether you're either genuinely thin-skinned or else fickle and looking for ANY excuse to make it look like it was someone else's fault.

I'm sure there'll be better people around who'll be interested in scratching their itch and solving things long after you're gone. They might even have a genuine interest in it and give the doubters and the haters who post these cynical tags less reason to look like they might have a point.

In any case, as much as I can appreciate criticism and appraisal either way, I can agree that those tags in the flash thread were unnecessary and demoralizing--but I'd either rather let them go ahead and post such things (as long as they're not personal attacks) or else get rid of the tags altogether. (I'd be in favor of the latter option, myself)
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Last edited by danramos; 2011-04-03 at 02:35.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hobart, Australia
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
You don't have enough posts to do it. Tagging only becomes enabled when you reach 300 posts.
Umm, I've always been able to edit tags even though I have a pathetic^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H restrained post count of 18 including this one. If anyone is really offended by tags that do not necessarily breach the rules, or just think they're useless, then write a GreaseMonkey/Userscript that hides them for you.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Problem is some of the tagging are personal attacks and guess what... thay are there to be read always and not one single moderator deals with them.

This forum has duel standards and the rules only count when it suites them.

Take a look at this thread that is full of attacking tags and you will see just how much rules count on this forum !.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...305#post980305

I am afraid to say it is them verses us on this forum and as much as i want to respect moderators i cannot because they do not implement the rules, only when it makes them look good.

Many many posts on here are attacking and nothing is done, WHAT RULES ?????.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Objects in this thread may appear more important than they actually are.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Revoke tag privledges or remove the tag cloud, PLEASE.

THere you go it has started yet again because now we have the tag "adick_uk" so what is the moderators going to do ?

My guess is.... NOTHING.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
No-life saddos with nothing to contribute.

Originally Posted by mishmich View Post
No-life saddos with nothing to contribute.
WHO are you reffering to ?.

For your information, every problem that is discussed about on here is a contribution as it highlights problem to be looked in to.

Just because not everyone is a programmer on this forum does not mean they do not contribute.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-04-03 at 04:11.

Closed Thread

Tags
tag abuse, tag system, tagging