Originally Posted by sevla View Post
They should still provide an avenue to purchase one for those who are interested. Maybe like a developer purchase program or something. Not everyone can take time off to fly to a stupid Meego conference. If I would have known this was going to happen I would have just booked a flight and stayed at a friends house. It would have been cheaper then having to pay the ridiculous prices that will undoubtedly happen on Ebay due to the limited quantities of the keyboard version. Hell it might even end up being a good collectors item. The last open source phone + keyboard developed by Nokia.
I'm not sure but i think the Forum Nokia Developer Device program should have a limited quantity available. But i insist that unless you critically want a keyboard , the consumer device WILL be better.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koajwujwer123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
Old phone , old specs.

Look at E7 and N8. Which one sold more ? We Nokians want it to succeed. Consumers want more streamlined device.

Geeks = Niche , sad but this is how it is.

/pardon my english

Does the "consumer device" look anything like this ^

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
there are not being sold or distributed widely thus they don't need certification, do they?
Any cellphone which is being publically distributed ( not general public but outside development environment , i hope you understood) needs to be FCC certified. Regulations.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koajwujwer123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RAZOR View Post

Will not comment. But it is a departure from the N8/E7 design philosophy.

Originally Posted by RAZOR View Post

i hope so!

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
I think the QWERTY didn't sold less because people doesn't want keyboards. The price difference is that wasn't effective, and the headstart that the N8 had over E7 wasn't really fair

Release a killer phone, with just the keyboard option and it will sell well, I think.

We have this confirmed, that there will be keyboardless consumer device? If so, I wonder how I could get a dev device :/

Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
Any cellphone which is being publically distributed ( not general public but outside development environment , i hope you understood) needs to be FCC certified. Regulations.
yes, my point, exactly...
INSIDE development environment, thus, no certification required.

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
there are not being sold or distributed widely thus they don't need certification, do they?
-_-.

Telecommunications equipment has to be tested and be in compliances with FCC Part 68. FCC Part 68 is the FCC Certification for connection to the telephone network. FCC has privatized some of the FCC Part 68 requirements. More information on regulatory compliance can be found at FCC Part 68

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
I think the QWERTY didn't sold less because people doesn't want keyboards. The price difference is that wasn't effective, and the headstart that the N8 had over E7 wasn't really fair

Release a killer phone, with just the keyboard option and it will sell well, I think.

We have this confirmed, that there will be keyboardless consumer device? If so, I wonder how I could get a dev device :/
With good software keyboards it is not really necessary to have a hardware keyboard. Remember those on this forum are not the average consumer. For you there is the dev device. Well those who can manage to get it anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to Koajwujwer123 For This Useful Post:
Damn, this thread is to fast (lol)

I'm always a few pages behind reading the posts. And when I come back from another thread, then its impossible to stay behind all the posts.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland