Notices

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I was hoping that there was some easy way to monitor when autodisconnect switches to 2G (perhaps d-bus) so the connect script could be ran to connect it to 2G Internet.
But if you launch a new connection when AutoDisconnect switches to 2G, AutoDisconnect will switch the network mode back to 3G.

True, but not if you set the minimum required for a connection higher than what's needed to maintain the connection. At least that's my line of thinking was. It might be completly flawed.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
True, but not if you set the minimum required for a connection higher than what's needed to maintain the connection. At least that's my line of thinking was. It might be completly flawed.
3G is activated at the connection. That's not more complicated than that.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
@Laughing Man: what you probably want to do is to set up AutoDisconnect as usual (setting low entries for minimum data transfer to keep connection up when only some IM is actve) but disabling switching 2G/3G and manually switching to 3G when higher bandwith is needed. Because no application can look right into your brain and read your wishes you will have to tell the phone when it has to be 3G or 2G.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
You can now vote for AutoDisconnect 0.4.7 in testing :

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...connect/0.4.7/

Thanks.

hi, i have a request, is it possible to add a feature of 'kill the connection at XX:XX" as at specific time?

when i am at home i am auto connected to wifi and i want to be available so i dont use to kill the connection, however almost every night i wish i had because i get facebook messages after i go to sleep. i think that is something i would definatly use. thanks

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
I don want to read whole thread trough.... So sorry if these has been asked before...is it possible to add GPS to this app also. I find dont use gps often, but when i do it always stays on.

btw thanks for this amazing app. I found automated switching between 2g and 3g awesome

Last edited by mele; 2010-07-28 at 17:39.

Hi! I really love the Autodisconnect but I've been wondering if it could be even better. Here's my suggestion: there would be two "Network - GPRS" tabs in the settings, "Network - 2G" and "Network - 3G". Each would have data counters for that network and if there is not enough network activity for 3G, connection would be set to 2G and after that disconnected if the 2G counter is not exceeded. This would be really usefull since most of the day my N900 is unused but always online because of IM. If the phone is not really used for web surfing etc, 2G connection would be more than enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to fleetwood For This Useful Post:
I love this application. it has became almost perfect
but there is one thing which I use to manage manually quite often - managing the wifi switcher. If I'm not using wifi, I rather unload the wireless module via wifi switcher. I'm not sure if this has been fixed in PR1.2 or not, so to feel better I prefer to unlod the module. Would it be possible to implement that into autodisconnect? If it can switch betwee 2G/3G it could be able to unload/load kernel module to save energy.

I also have a feature request:

Fallback mode: After x (=2 or 3) unsuccessful connection attempts to 3G the next attempt should connect in Dual mode and if it fails again increase the connection time etc. Obviously there should be an internal timer which resets the counted unsuccessful connection attempts after a few minutes.

This feature would be nice for travelling in a train or in other bad connection situations.