Posts: 88 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ London
Hey All,

Just been lucky enough to be one of the 10 people to get Archos 101 from Tottenham Court Road, London.

Admittedly I bought it for my dad as a birthday gift but if anyone has any queries you'd like to clarify or know then feel free to ask.

It comes with android 2.1 pre-installed but it gets a 2.2 update sometime in November.

I have to say that I am pretty impressed with it. It responses very well to the touch sensitivity and is quite bright. Plays almost all video formats and has relatively loud sound.

My only disappointment in the 2 hours of playing around with it is the accelerometer. It could reposnd much quicker but hopefully it'll be fixed in the 2.2 update

Cheers,

Orion

This is my first thread, if I've done anything wrong or have ignored something then please be gentle and point me my mistakes and I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks

Orion

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Pics please, No pic no story.

A detail review would be greatly appreciated, start with out of the box feeling, whats working, whats not, then go with SDcard (Android dead without SDcard ), then wifi, connect stability, then market, second finally and the make and break of any gadget, app installation. And ultimately, hack around. Yes, there is quite a lot of work, but, hey, that is what people wants to learn from your purchase.

It plays videoes fine. How about streaming video? Install any TV app and look. click on the advertisement, they are a good start to see video streaming, they usually work better then anything else. Stutters, pixelate, smooth, audio/video desync? Form factor, is it alright to carry it around frequently, or just like a netbook, use mainly at home and on the couch Battery life too under certain use pattern etc

Oh, what is in the box, like any absolutely accessory but Archos what you to pay as options, something like that.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-10-29 at 12:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
he he, wohoo my first reply....sorry had to do that

Yes, I'll post some pics tonight, how do i do tht btw? do i just edit my first post?

I'll do all the requested tests on it and let you know. Wifi connection's smooth and so i'll try streaming video and check that out for you. It's super thin Bunanson, so thin that it's so cool to hold it.

It isn't heavy at all and it has a very sturdy firm stand attached. It's use for my dad to access web and to do his accounting work away from the home desktop and also outside of home.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by orion88freedom View Post
he he, wohoo my first reply....sorry had to do that

Yes, I'll post some pics tonight, how do i do tht btw? do i just edit my first post?

I'll do all the requested tests on it and let you know. Wifi connection's smooth and so i'll try streaming video and check that out for you. It's super thin Bunanson, so thin that it's so cool to hold it.

It isn't heavy at all and it has a very sturdy firm stand attached. It's use for my dad to access web and to do his accounting work away from the home desktop and also outside of home.
thks, looking forward to the review; thin is always sexy, for any gadgets, not an apple fan, but do agree with their advertisement, always bragging on thin, smart advertisement.

bun

Hi,

at which store did you get your Archos?.

I will be visiting London next week and I would like to get one of those nice Archos devices.

Thanks a lot.

Mikro Anvika at TCR

Originally Posted by orion88freedom View Post
Mikro Anvika at TCR

Thank you very much.

I have tried and they are out of stock.

I will tray in some days to see if I´m more lucky.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Cool!!!
This is one of the competitors for my money before end of the year.
´I'll definitely appreciate a review.
Thanks in advance!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Thread relocated to Competitors section.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post: