Active Topics

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Why you needed to enter the settings manually for gmail ? I know that the beta firmware does not have the Google plugin, but the generic plugin retrieves the correct settings if you use the automatic setup.
In N950 Beta2 fw, when using "the other mail account" to set up google mail, I cannot send out mail with photos attached, The default setting for outgoing mail is SSL, and I found I need to change the setting to TLS to make sending works.

Not sure if this is an issue with sale fw..

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by fettouhi View Post
Sadly I don't have another exchange server to test it with.
You are always can try gmail account (if you have it)

Just enter m.google.com as server address.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Odense S, Denmark
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
You are always can try gmail account (if you have it)

Just enter m.google.com as server address.
Just tried that. The account (on the N9) is created but it fails to synchronise in the end.

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Just tried that. The account (on the N9) is created but it fails to synchronise in the end.
Try to disable calendar synchronization for this account on the device or enable this feature in your gmail account. This is a known issue with a Google server.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Odense S, Denmark
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
Try to disable calendar synchronization for this account on the device or enable this feature in your gmail account. This is a known issue with a Google server.
I got it working now. So MfE with gmail works with calendar and everything. Still don't understand why MfE doesn't work with the Exchange server. It works so fine on the n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to fettouhi For This Useful Post:
N9 and V10.2011.34-1_PR_001

And having problems with MfE: Works pretty ok with wifi but no connection when using cellular data: "cant connect to server" And sync fails without any reason. After this this it gets stuck and doesn't work even if I switch back to wifi.

Also having problems downloading attachments: First one works but after that it just fails.

Might be hard to speculate without knowing more about server-side setup. Gmail and Imap working great for other accounts.

The Following User Says Thank You to ingarn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
In N950 Beta2 fw, when using "the other mail account" to set up google mail, I cannot send out mail with photos attached, The default setting for outgoing mail is SSL, and I found I need to change the setting to TLS to make sending works.

Not sure if this is an issue with sale fw..
Works for me. I have google mail setup as "Other mail account" with SSL and can send photos just fine.

Hmm... dunno if it makes any difference, but I take the photos using 4:3 aspect ratio.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Hello,

now that the N9 is shipping, in the good open source spirit, we are looking for constructive feedback on the email and mail for exchange clients, please post here any problems, annoying behavior or suggestions that you might have. Please note that might be difficult to help if you are using a older than sales release image, since there's a lot of major bugs in those images.
Instructions how to get logs from the device will be posted later.

Disclaimer: I work for Nokia, like others that might post in this thread, however we're not providing any official support in this thread, we just want to help and clarify the users of the N9, like was done for the N900, regardless to say that any opinion here is my own and we're helping in our free time.
Hi VDVsx,

Great attitude! Thanks for the effort.

I hadn't seen this thread, so I asked a question elsewhere about Device Management. I'm not an expert - I'm just a normal user who loved my N900 because of all the cool things the developers in here made possible to do with it. And now I'd like to have the N9!

But the IT security guys in my company said it wouldn't be allowed to syncronise with our MfE server, because we're using a "Mobile Device Management system" called Afaria from Sybase. Apparently Afaria is working with a list of approved devices, and N9 is not on it - and it won't be allowed access Not unless we can manually configure it

Fortunately these company-IT dudes are pretty cool, and would like to test the N9 and perhaps make it work - but it would be nice to know in advance if there's any reason why Afaria/Sybase isn't supporting it out of the box. I got a pretty good idea from the other thread (thanks to Abbra) that it isn't a problem - but what do you guys think?

I'm trying to config gmail on n9 but it is not working correctly. I choose Google acccount and put login&password - it takes few times to connect to google and even if it is finally connected the program do not work. Connecting to server takes few minutes - very often connection is broken, mails do not appears, sending is almost impossible /only once succeded/.
The same situation is when I do it manually via other mail account.

At the same time on n900 everything is ok - gmail is working correctly - fast and without problems.

maybe I do sth wrong or I have to change sth in my gmail settings?

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
I got it working now. So MfE with gmail works with calendar and everything. Still don't understand why MfE doesn't work with the Exchange server. It works so fine on the n900.
We will provide you some instructions how to collect the logs for the account that is not working, that way we can identify the problem quickly, unfortunately we can't share our debug tools, but we'll do a wiki with simple instructions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:

Tags
attachments, email, issues, mail exchange, nokia n9, nokia n950