Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
I have two computers Win 7 32 bit and Win7 64 bit. One has an Apple BT Radio and the other has a Motorola BT radio. The both connect fine. PC Suite works fine. Outlook syncs fine. I can send files from the PC to the N900 no problems. If I try to send a file from the N900 via BT sharing I get a yellow bar that says: Connection failed to <PC Name>

It kicks back immediately, no waiting or looking.

Anybody else seen this? Any fixes?

I can boot into OSX and see if that works. My Apple is Dual boot WIN7 32bit and OSX.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I think this is a knowned problem with Widcomm drivers.If I install the official drivers of my bluetooth dongle I can send a file through bluetooth just fine.If I install any latest widcomm drivers then I cannot send any files to my PC.No solution to this, other than using the microsoft bluetooth drivers which suck!

Interested in the same.

On Nokia 770 I can send/ receive files to / from Motorola V3 phone.
Nokia 770 is not a phone and I use
File manager

Please tell me how to send/ receive vcard, phonebook entries, saved sms, incomming call calling party ID and more
and the only accessible directories on a phone are
video, audio, images

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
I have a work around I send files from my n900 to PC.
effectively the problem is the n900 didn't identify your computer with "OPP" blue tooth profile.

So what you have to do is delete the Blue tooth PC device from your n900.

Then select an image and send it via blue tooth. make sure your PC blue tooth profile is on and ready to receive a file. the n900 will find your PC and you can send it.

Now the n900 will identify your PC with the OPP profile so you can blue tooth files back back and forward.

but you will loose other profiles like A2DP etc. but you will be able to send files.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timwatt For This Useful Post:
@timwatt

tell me what files on another phone can you access from N900,
what directories are access open
I am interested in vcard, phonebook, last calls made / received / missed
and more in phone standard

Originally Posted by Darius2006 View Post
@timwatt

tell me what files on another phone can you access from N900,
what directories are access open
I am interested in vcard, phonebook, last calls made / received / missed
and more in phone standard

Kinda off topic here...

Originally Posted by timwatt View Post
I have a work around I send files from my n900 to PC.
effectively the problem is the n900 didn't identify your computer with "OPP" blue tooth profile.

So what you have to do is delete the Blue tooth PC device from your n900.

Then select an image and send it via blue tooth. make sure your PC blue tooth profile is on and ready to receive a file. the n900 will find your PC and you can send it.

Now the n900 will identify your PC with the OPP profile so you can blue tooth files back back and forward.

but you will loose other profiles like A2DP etc. but you will be able to send files.
Ok, so that works Let me see what the down side is.

EDIT:

OK, but then you send one from the PC to the N900, you have to pair and now you're back where you were before. BUGCITY!

Last edited by les_garten; 2010-01-17 at 01:01.

So I fired up the OSX partition on my MacBook Pro that has the WIN7 32bit on it. The OSX pairs and does everything perfect. I call POO POO on Windows and the BT drivers here.

The BT controls in OSX were really nice. I guess I can file my bug with Microsoft...

nothing off topic

"Bluetooth BT Send file Problem"

It's a waste of time to start 10 BT send file threads

Originally Posted by Darius2006 View Post
nothing off topic

"Bluetooth BT Send file Problem"

It's a waste of time to start 10 BT send file threads
I asked the original question so I should be able to figure out if you're off topic or not. It was after all my topic, and what you are asking has nothing to do with protocol negotiation issues.