Notices

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Hey members,
I want to take a screencast from my N900, you know, "videoy" screenshots, load-applet honestly fails at doing that. Is there any streaming solution which streams video from my N900's screen rather than its camera(s)?

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ India
use vnc and screen capture on pc

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Have you tried this solution?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Seems good, will try.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Holy crap!!! Is this legit?? That would be amazing to have the video capture from the load applet working correctly!!

Has anyone tried it? Not sure how safe I feel about installing a load applet replacement when I'm not ready for a re-flash should it go south.

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Holy crap!!! Is this legit?? That would be amazing to have the video capture from the load applet working correctly!!

Has anyone tried it? Not sure how safe I feel about installing a load applet replacement when I'm not ready for a re-flash should it go south.
Did not work at all
I mean, when I tap the webcam icon, it changes to blue "tapped" but then when I "turn it off" nothing is recorded, .videos is empty...
Is it me? Or is this a fake?

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-09-14 at 19:48.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
It works for me. You can even hear me typing with the hw

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
It works for me. You can even hear me typing with the hw
How? How? How?

Stand back bros, I got this one...

Code:
ffmpeg -f x11grab -s wxga -r 25 -i :0.0 -sameq /tmp/out.mpg
A pure coincidence, I have done so much video processing with ffmpeg that I know what most of this command does without looking much in the manual.

The ffmpeg generally can be descibed as a command that takes a bunch of options and the last option is the output file. In this case the options are -f x11grab -s wxga -r 25 -i :0.0 -sameq and the output file is /tmp/out.mpg.

Here is what the options mean:

* -f x11grab makes ffmpeg to set the input video format as x11grab. The X11 framebuffer has a specific format it presents data in and it makes ffmpeg to decode it correctly.
* -s wxga makes ffmpeg to set the size of the video to wxga which is shortcut for 1366x768. This is a strange resolution to use, I'd just write -s 800x600.
* -r 25 sets the framerate of the video to 25fps.
* -i :0.0 sets the video input file to X11 display 0.0 at localhost.
* -sameq preserves the quality of input stream. It's best to preserve the quality and post-process it later.

You can also specify ffmpeg to grab display from another x-server by changing the -i :0.0 to -i host:0.0.
http://www.catonmat.net/blog/top-ten...efu-explained/

Last edited by vi_; 2011-09-15 at 13:33.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
How? How? How?
sorry, buddy i dunno. I just did what it says on that mumbo-jumbo site, except for APT-GET -F INSTALL. I skipped that part and everything works.