Active Topics

Hi guys I am new to this forum and as the title reads I need to import my sms messages from my Nokia 5800 to my N900. I have over 3000 and all contain important info I need daily on my travels.

Now I know there are threads on how to import sms messages on this forum, but I get errors attempting it. So not to try to attempt to duplicate any current threads but I would like either a detailed thread with instructions how to import sms messages or I can pay someone to import my messages to my new phone (N900) for me as long as your local to London as thats where I am.

I've got the point of desperation which is why i'm willing to pay, everytime I try import them i get a permission denied error, and its been explained what permission denied error is but no detailed work around.

If anyone can help with any of the above, i'd greatly appreciate it.
if you can send any syntax of the commands to accomplish this please post it in full

thanks Lewis

Last edited by huggy54; 2011-12-09 at 20:41.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
lewis - have you tried the transfer and sync (under settings on the N900)? this worked for me when moving from my N95 which is the same os as the 5800
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

so you moved your sms messages from your nokia n95 to your n900 using the sync on the n900

any way of moving them to the memory card from 5800??
will N900 recognise the messages on Mem card?? worth a try...

dont have a memory card, and probably wont get one as 32gb is enough for me. this is thread where they explain to do some of it http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37354 but its not very thorough.

cashclientel is offline cashclientel

Today , 02:04 PM
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK

Report This | #2
lewis - have you tried the transfer and sync (under settings on the N900)? this worked for me when moving from my N95 which is the same os as the 5800
did you move from nokia n95 to n900 though?

Transfer and Sync transfers calender entries & contacts only (maybe also tasks, I can't say for sure as I didn't have any tasks saved on my N97 when I did the transfer)

But messages don't get transferred with the Transfer and Sync tool, at least for N97....

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Melbourne
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
Thankyou this worked for me on the N95 8GB -> N900.

All my contacts are moved over (and Merged - best feature!!!).

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
Originally Posted by melbcycle View Post
Thankyou this worked for me on the N95 8GB -> N900.

All my contacts are moved over (and Merged - best feature!!!).
Please, this thread is about sms, not for contacts..

there are two ways that i know of

*use bluetooth and the application switch on 5800 / sync on the n900 to send them and any other things like bookmarks etc

*make a back up to mmc of just conversations on the 5800 then put mmc into the n900 and then go back up on the n900 and restore from the mmc

these are two possible methods , if you dont want to buy an mmc cant you borrow one from someone else phone for ten mins or buy a 1gb card for about 2pounds

twouters is right iam pretty sure you can import a .csv file