Ok, i never expected my device to get screwed but guess what it happens to the people least expecting it. Lets Go on with the problems. I updated it with my usb connected but didn't through the pc suite. Once it was updated it restarted while the usb was connect. Then it asked to put my Pass Code. After i put my pass code it was loading everything for like 2 minutes. Once it was done loading I started switching through desktops and saw my device runs like a SNAIL now. So i let it settle down think it is still loading some stuff. Then my screen went BLACK (screen locked). I gave it 5 minutes after that. I pressed the power button so i can swipe to unlock but screen stayed played. Used the Side sliding that didn't work either. So my last resort was to take the battery out which i hate doing. So i did that and turned my device on. Once again i put the pass code and let it load for 2 minutes. I saw that my screen is shaking as if water went in my device and is defective or something. Screen shakes so much its horrible. I tried switching desktops and opening stuff but oh man things are good. My Device is Running Like A Snail, Screen is Shaking And Once It Screen Locks and Turns Black That's It, I Have To Take The Damn Battery Out.

So, Anyone out there that can help me out. Maybe Step by Step. I dont want to be playing another 200$ to get this device fixed. What do you guys think i can do in order to get this baby back to normal?

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
you should try a complete reflash with maemo flasher

let me write a tuto for you, that's exactly what i did since i got a unusable n900 after trying to update it with apt-get lol

i tried that before a long time ago, but i really don't know how to do that. Sad thing is i cant let the phone go on black screen or i have to take battery out. Any help on how i can flash my device? and if i flash my device will my backup be removed?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Instructions for firmware update are at http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware and no, it won't remove your backup (that should be on the memory card).

Originally Posted by titi974 View Post
you should try a complete reflash with maemo flasher
Mine's brick! Tried reflash and wouldn't. Now it wouldn't bring up the nokia word and the usb icon. Now when I plug it all it does is vibrate, steady status light for a while then disappear and the nokia word (no backlight) appears and willgo off then vibrate and do same thing again over and over.

How do i fix this and do i need to send it back to nokia? How? don't know the US tech support. Help.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by phuongymy View Post
I updated it with my usb connected but didn't through the pc suite. Once it was updated it restarted while the usb was connect. Then it asked to put my Pass Code. After i put my pass code it was loading everything for like 2 minutes.
Huh?

Why didn't you just use App Manager like the rest of the civilized world?

Your best bet is to use the recommended method to do things; it tends to minimize your chances of weird results.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
1. turn off your phone, and it needs to be at least 3/4 charged, i would recommend fully

2. install Maemo-flasher on your pc. download here : http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php (choose the one you need for your computer)

3. download the right firmware for your device (for me it was "global" and the latest is of course pr1.1 - 51) here : http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

4. copy the .bin file of your downloaded firmware to C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5\

5. launch cmd (can be done with execute)

6. type in : cd c:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5 and press enter

7. then type : flasher-3.5.exe -F "name of the downloaded firmware" -f -R and press enter
(looked like that for me "flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.51-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R" )

8. you should see now a new window where "Suitable USB device not found, waiting" is written

9. push "u" key on your n900 et plug it in via USB cable to your PC and keep "u" hold till the phone is recognized, its screen should be white with nokia blue logo

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to titi974 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Huh?

Why didn't you just use App Manager like the rest of the civilized world?

Your best bet is to use the recommended method to do things; it tends to minimize your chances of weird results.

I tried for like 10 minutes and even tried removing applications but still told me to connect to pc. Thats why.

then it should start the flashing

The Following User Says Thank You to titi974 For This Useful Post: