Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Hi!

I've been googling and came into the conclusion that it is possible to compile a software including libipod (ipod sync).

Is it a realistic scenario or can i just dream about it until my n800 breaks or gets really outdated?

I have an ipod nano 2gen 4gb and it sucks *** because mounting it to nit just isn't enough for syncing new songs. come on apple give me a break!

it would be idealistic to store a big library in network and have much more music in my tablet's 8g sd and finally sync part of the tablets songs into my ipod.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Well, there's a program called gtkpod, http://www.gtkpod.org/screenshots.html that exists as a package for Debian, atleast..
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

If there is linux sources for it.. you should be able to at least try and compile it on the deblet/easy debian. You need to apt-get install build-essentials and whatever dependencies the software requires for it.

Extremely "heavy" pieces of software might cause your CPU to lockup and crash (reboot) .. happens when compiling certain packages in KDE4.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:

Tags
libipod