Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Stskeeps: My problem. I'm trying to install your stuff without using your .debs because I don't have svn and I don't have your installer.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Can you check what I'm doing and see where I'm going wrong?

Code:
#Get the chroot 
CHROOT="/debian"

#Copy the flash plugin stuff
mkdir "$CHROOT/usr/lib/browser/"
mkdir "$CHROOT/usr/lib/browser/plugins"

cp libdebianflashplayer.so "$CHROOT/usr/lib/browser/plugins"

cp /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so "$CHROOT/usr/lib/browser/plugins/"
ln -s "$CHROOT/usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so" "$CHROOT/usr/lib/libflashplayer.so.0"
ln -s "$CHROOT/usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so" "$CHROOT/usr/lib/libflashplayer.so"

#Copy the libplayback file
cp /usr/lib/libplayback-1.so.0.0.4 "$CHROOT/usr/lib/"
ln -s "$CHROOT/usr/lib/libplayback-1.so.0.0.4" "$CHROOT/usr/lib/libplayback-1.so.0"

#Copy the libosso file
cp /usr/lib/libosso.so.1.3.0 "$CHROOT/usr/lib/"
ln -s "$CHROOT/usr/lib/libosso.so.1.3.0" "$CHROOT/usr/lib/libosso.so.1"

Code:
ln -s "$CHROOT/usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so" "$CHROOT/usr/lib/libflashplayer.so.0"
ln -s "$CHROOT/usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so" "$CHROOT/usr/lib/libflashplayer.so"
Code:
ln -s "libflashplayer.so" "$CHROOT/usr/lib/libflashplayer.so.0"
Would seem easier.. and those LN commands work?? it seems to me the link will be created to point to /debian/usr/lib... which inside the debian chroot would not exist... I think these might work better???

Code:
ln -s "libflashplayer.so" "$CHROOT/usr/lib/libflashplayer.so.0"
ln -s "/usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so" "$CHROOT/usr/lib/libflashplayer.so"
ln -s "/usr/lib/libosso.so.1.3.0" "$CHROOT/usr/lib/libosso.so.1"
Remember ln -s doesn't need a full path to an actual file when you do it.. it's not like cp.. inside the chroot the above will be /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so .. which is correct.. creating a ln to $CHROOT/usr/lib.. inside the chroot will be /debian/usr/lib... which doesn't seem right..

But I'm probably overlooking something..

ETA: That was confusing.. I need to rephrase.. my understanding is the first parameter you pass to ln -s is the path you want the link to show.. not the path to the file as relative to you.. IE:

ln -s ../../lib/libdude.so /usr/lib/libdude.so.1

would actually try linking to a file on /lib/libdude.so.. regardless of where you were at when you created the link.. the ../ would be relative to where the link file itself (/usr/lib/libdude.so.1) sits.. so linking to $CHROOT/ as relative to the link itself would link to /debian/ which would be a broken path inside the debian root.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2008-09-09 at 21:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by qole View Post
cp libdebianflashplayer.so "$CHROOT/usr/lib/browser/plugins"

cp /usr/lib/browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so "$CHROOT/usr/lib/browser/plugins/"
Skip this line and put it in /usr/lib/libflashplayer.so instead, leaving it out of plugins. libdebianflashplayer.so refers to this one - libflashplayer.so should be kept out of plugins at all cost (i thought browser/plugins was a maemo thing.)

[/QUOTE]
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, so it works. I think it was mainly the mistake that fatalsaint caught; sure enough, the softlinks that I had made were pointing to non-existent files. However, I also simply copied the libflashplayer.so to the /usr/lib folder (instead of to /usr/lib/browser/plugins).

I think Iceweasel knew about /usr/lib/browser/plugins because it shares the /home/user/.mozilla folder with MicroB.

And ... what does libdude do? Is it anything like libsexy?

Originally Posted by qole View Post
And ... what does libdude do? Is it anything like libsexy?
libdude statically linked libsexy in fact ... but after the developers created libwife (the ultimate goal for libsexy) they realized libdude wasn't going to be able to link back to libsexy anymore.. so they had to remove several libsexy function calls and created instead libdrunk... libdrunk was successfully able to use some of what libsexy provided, and most of what libwife provided.. but of course will never be as efficient as the original libdude.

pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
libdude statically linked libsexy in fact ... but after the developers created libwife (the ultimate goal for libsexy) they realized libdude wasn't going to be able to link back to libsexy anymore.. so they had to remove several libsexy function calls and created instead libdrunk... libdrunk was successfully able to use some of what libsexy provided, and most of what libwife provided.. but of course will never be as efficient as the original libdude.

Hmmmm..... libsexy, libdude, libdrunk and, libwifwe.........

What will thay think of next!, maybe libkids, libkool, libhiper, libextreme, libwerdow, libdumy, libsmart........

Btw, sorry i haven't been here for some time... My daily scedual is working against me

But hopfuly soon i will be able to be around much more again.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Tags
debian, deblet