Notices

Too bad . But thanks for reply anyway

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by CasTTeLLo View Post
pls add a specific remote(model no) like on psiloc ir remote on symbian....thanks...
If you take a look at a Psiloc IRRemote config file, you'll see that it is in fact just an LIRC config file. I would guess that IRRemote is, like QtIrreco, just a skin over the LIRC server.

Unlike the LIRC server, I'm not trying to simulate individual remote controls. Each keyset in Pierogi represents an entire family of compatible remote controls.

However, a list of compatible devices is being compiled, and I am working on better ways of making entries in that list available in Pierogi...

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
The range issue that I usually had with the rca has being fixed with the latest upgrade

The Following User Says Thank You to mrwormp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
The range issue that I usually had with the rca has being fixed with the latest upgrade
Interesting! Can you tell me which keyset you're using? I'll see if I can figure out what went right.

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
what about uploading v1.00 to testing so we can vote it to extras, I have no bugs, all is working like it should. Well I have still that keyset request for my philips DVD-r 7310-H but that's not something you can do now, as the config is currently not available...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Interesting! Can you tell me which keyset you're using? I'll see if I can figure out what went right.
Tried all the rca keyset and they worked. the menu tab needs some working on. only the menu and exit button works.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrwormp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
what about uploading v1.00 to testing so we can vote it to extras, I have no bugs, all is working like it should.
That is, in fact, my plan. I wanted to let 1.0.0 stay in extras-devel for a bit to make sure I made no boneheaded mistakes in the update before pushing it up to extras_testing. Let me take one more look through 1.0.0 myself, and I'll go ahead and promote it to extras-testing.

Well I have still that keyset request for my philips DVD-r 7310-H but that's not something you can do now, as the config is currently not available...
Honestly, I am still looking for more sources of data.

Originally Posted by mrwormp View Post
Tried all the rca keyset and they worked. the menu tab needs some working on. only the menu and exit button works.
Cool. Yeah, the RCA data right now is a bit messy; I need to take another pass through it and see if I can clean it up.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
what about uploading v1.00 to testing so we can vote it to extras, I have no bugs, all is working like it should.
QFA - Meets all criteria.
Will vote up when available.

More important feedback on devices I have tested.

*The Sky Receiver Keysets are not working on a Thomson Sky+ Box.

*The Sony Amp I have mentioned previously now seems to work on Sony Receiver Keyset 1 but has a load of buttons/functions missing. (Changing Inputs, Menu, Exit).
Probably due to it being a Receiver keyset and not a Amp keyset.

*I have found a Panasonic TV that doesn't work on the Panasonic Keysets (Model Number to follow when I can get it)

Also...

*Since update 0.6.11 Pierogi takes a little longer load.
Is this to do with loading the volume rocker values first? Or bug?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
QFA - Meets all criteria.
Will vote up when available.
Thanks! I can't find any problems either. I'll go ahead and promote it then...

*The Sky Receiver Keysets are not working on a Thomson Sky+ Box.
Yeah, back to the drawing board for me. I thought I'd found the problem before...

*The Sony Amp I have mentioned previously now seems to work on Sony Receiver Keyset 1 but has a load of buttons/functions missing. (Changing Inputs, Menu, Exit).
Probably due to it being a Receiver keyset and not a Amp keyset.
More likely due to me just not doing a great job of mapping the codes to buttons. (I really need to go back through the earlier keysets I entered and rework them...)

*I have found a Panasonic TV that doesn't work on the Panasonic Keysets (Model Number to follow when I can get it)
Thanks!

*Since update 0.6.11 Pierogi takes a little longer load.
Is this to do with loading the volume rocker values first? Or bug?
Right now, Pierogi loads some information about each keyset into memory when it starts up. I believe that is the major cause for the delay in loading. (I think the load times actually improved a bit with 0.6.8's memory management change.) I'm hoping that once I implement an efficient keyset manager, Pierogi will start up more quickly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control