Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Scarbrough
Hey guys i know a wierd and stupid Question But should i buy the Mugen N900 battery that is 2100mah and fits inside my phone gives me more time, but on the other hand thickens my phone more 7mm and i have to worry about the lens bieng scrached by the after market shutter...

http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...tery-door.html

or Should i get The NewTrent External Power charger that has an awsome kick of 11000mah but is an external usb type charger. I can charge my nokia possibley three time full with it. it is portable and small but it means i have to keep it with me all the time and have to put my n900 on charge with it all the time....

http://www.newtrent.com/product-p/imp1000.htm

I have also posted links to their websites where they have the specs and prices....

So please tlee me what to DOOOO...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darguzar For This Useful Post:
In my opinion the powerpack should be the one as it will serve as a multipurpose device and will not increase the size of your nokia N900.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Powerpacks and chargers in the wild are more likely to wear or damage your usb port, so I carry a spare battery or two.

Less space than a powerpack, adds less bulk to your N900 than a Mugen. AND much cheaper.

I also bought a mobile battery charger/holder so I can charge a battery off-device - a few £'s on FleaBay.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Is there really no battery model with higher capacity than the stock one that still fits in the space of the regular battery?

I have ordered the Mugen Battery and should get it within this week.. if you don't mind waiting I will give you my thoughts about the battery..

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
Is there really no battery model with higher capacity than the stock one that still fits in the space of the regular battery?
Yes, there is, Japod 1350 mAh.

I have currently ~2400 mAh under Mugen cover, made from twho original Nokia BL-5J batteries connected parallel.
I think N900 is easier to type with qwerty with thicker back cover, either if it is on table or if you keep it in your hands and type with thumbs.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
No - there's not been any breakthroughs in battery technology that have made it to market over the last year, so there's no way to cram any more power into that space.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Yes, there is, Japod 1350 mAh.

I have currently ~2400 mAh under Mugen cover, made from twho original Nokia BL-5J batteries connected parallel.
I think N900 is easier to type with qwerty with thicker back cover, either if it is on table or if you keep it in your hands and type with thumbs.
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in...
I also think it is easier to type on the phone when it has the mugen cover and so does redkarma, he has my 'old' mod 2. battery and the mugen cover i ordered a week ago.

And the phone does not feel that big again as meny think.
And it is so worth the extra 7mm when i get SOOOO much more usage out of it.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-01-11 at 21:32.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Utah, America
Becuz i have an otterbox case that i love on my N900 the Mugen is out of the question cuz of the size.

And New trent battery packs looks as big as the n900 but man 11000 mAh would be awesome to have but the battery pack looks as big as the n900 if not bigger, good to have anyways for home use or long trips.

I have 3 extra batteries & 4 universal battery chargers from digitial power pro and it takes me 3+ to 4 hours to charge all batteries at the same time.

I only carry one extra battery when i go anywhere just in case.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I think spare battery is better:

Pro:
Backup/replacement option (in case 1 fails).
Less bulk (compared to battery packsor the 2-in-1 battery replacement).
Charging is more convenient. After fully charge 1 battery, keep it as spare and plug in the other battery and charge and use it. Allows flexibility to charge when convenient.
I believe cost should be cheaper (provided you don't get a battery charger device).

Cons:
Inconvenient to charge and install (need reboot).
I don't think losing it could be a big minus point.