Active Topics

Originally Posted by mehdiE View Post
Jeez, is there really a need for such insulting remarks in response to a perfectly reasonable question? The aggressivity on this forum is getting tiring.
that and the stupid chuck norris threads

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to williamparrales For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mehdiE View Post
Jeez, is there really a need for such insulting remarks in response to a perfectly reasonable question? The aggressivity on this forum is getting tiring.
I personally think he should rephrase his question. At least to me it sounded like "Okay people, now we have PR 1.2 but where the hell are all those Qt Apps?!", a bit agressive for sure.

People need time to write and programm new applications, so nobody can expect them to appear virtually over night. PR 1.2 has been released just a short time ago, so I think everybody should be a bit more patient till the Qt thing really gets going.

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Puerto Rico
Originally Posted by williamparrales View Post
If you found it so stupid. Why look at it, even post at it
It's merely fun, for those who know what fun is. There are a lot of people in this community working hard for all those who come here and complain about it.
http://j0hnmcclane.deviantart.com/

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by flexmat View Post
Can you speak about the plan of Qt on n900? Applications in developpement etc...
There is a Qaiku microblogging client currently in extras-devel: http://maemo.org/packages/view/qaikuclient/

Built using PySide (Nokia's Qt bindings for Python) and Midgard2.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
I went back and read the OP. I didn't get any insulting tone, although it did seem like a translation from another language - perhaps a bit stilted.

The long wait for PR1.2 got on a lot of peoples nerves. I thought the crazy Chuck Norris inter alia thread was a useful way of blowing off steam without either abandoning the site or bothering the people who actually DO things here.

I cannot code, so I put my N900 on hold in terms of upgrades and software/feature requests. I'm sure in a week or two I'll be bugging the real workers here for tweaks and apps. Who knows, you may even long for the days of the Chuck Norris thread :-)

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Those Off Topic "stupid Chuck Norris threads" provide a useful diversion that helps keep the forum on a reasonably even keel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by flexmat View Post
Can you speak about the plan of Qt on n900? Applications in developpement etc...
so you want the rollercoaster game?

the talks have always been about the fact that after PR1.2 we have at least theoretical possibility to compile any Qt app succesfully and pack it and off we go...

so you have meego apps source, SDK and 30 minutes to spare and it is all you need. after that you can install the app to your device and share it to others too. "a little" quicker than coding similar app from scratch isn't it?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Who needs QT ????

I'd go further and ask, who *really* needs X ?? (but i'd leave xfce for noobs)

Drop bloated firefox along with the proprietary crap that eats cpu cycles like pacman that is called flash. ie the deadly duo MicroB/Flash should be replaced with Lynx. (and id wager alot of peoples slowness and poor battery is down to this marriage from hell)

package management is childs play with apt-get

a quick setup of fetchmail and sendmail will get the mail flowing, and id recommmend ASSP for spam filtering.

Hayes standard commands should be implemented, so to call someone we simply type ATD +343434456

iwconfig would soon have wlan going.

can anyone think of a good reason for bloated sluggish desktops, theyll be running KDE next :/

Siddarth eloquently sums it up for me "N900 is for Pros and Geeks who can make , build and tweek with the hardware power! ..."

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
i'm interested in Nokia QT apps for Symbian, as Nokia SDK QT Creator out and porting is easy. as well we saw N900 in their videos(youtube) with different apps, where are these apps?

Originally Posted by garyc2010 View Post
Who needs QT ????

I'd go further and ask, who *really* needs X ?? (but i'd leave xfce for noobs)
Heck yah! When I get a phone call, I want the phone number and name to scroll Matrix style along a black terminal window! Hooyah.

When I take pictures with my camera - I want them to come out ASCII! Yar!

Real men use TEXT! *flexes muscles*

I'm a CLI junky... but Modem commands? Really? That is wayyyy on the other side of the line between Productivity, and needless Masochism.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:

Tags
just another, loser thread