Notices

0.9.1-3 is now in extras and has a fix for mis detection whether the playable link is a playlist or not. That typically could occur with http links. Among those are the links listed in pls files from Shoutcast, now they start playing much sooner.

That brings me to the Shoutcast playlist generator that was added in the 0.9.1 series. I hope for those who tried it that the 'No input data received' error didn't show up that much. There is a known bug that the Shoutcast search method via newxml.phtml often results in HTTP response code 503 (Service Temporarily Unavailable).
As far as I looked, the other media players on Maemo get the links by scanning the HTML from the Shoutcast web page. So in case somebody wondered, that's is the reason why KMPlayer seems to have a problem. I can only hope the Shoutcast people fix this soon.

I've put one extra thing in this update and that is scrolling the playlist by dragging. The scrollbars are still there though. This should make the list more finger friendly for long lists like WorldTV99 or Shoutcast results.
The original idea was to also add kinetic scrolling, which is actually now just a small step to add. However while looking at the various deltas between the motion events, I got the idea to make it simply behave like the scrollbars.
That is when dragging from bottom to top over the playlist, the playlist is at the bottom and vica versa. The exception is that the scrollbars move in the opposite direction, to match behaviour in the browser. So this way KMPlayer doesn't need the kinetic scrolling. Of course this doesn't look so cool but, then again, that is nothing new to KMPlayer .
An alternative approach that I've looked at is using wider custom drawn scrollbars that are semi-transparent, same as the Youtube query summery shows when the description text it too long to fit on the page. The advantage is of course finger friendly scrollbars and at the same time getting more screen to show the links. What kept me from doing this is that it's probably quite some work (I figured that I may have to sub class GtkTreeView for painting reasons). Additionally I wondered how nice or ugly this would be, it's like fidling with the styles, may look nice on the default onces but terrible on others.
Ideas welcome of course!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Thanks for the new year present, partner! I also noticed, amone many enhancement, the wide screen on the Canadian channels on WorldTV99 have been accomplished. Wow, time to enjoy more AV..., thanks again for the update.

bun

New version 0.9.2-3 is now uploaded in extra. Merely a quality improvement release, use libconic when accessing the net, speedups in XML reading, fix for titles in recents list and a fix for screen blanking when not top-most.

A simple LastFM generator is added, showing their flash player. It pastes a given artist in the flashvars parameter. The flash movie self does all the XML RPC needed to get going to the next song.
I'll give it some thoughts how to either extend the generators or the SMIL support, so the mp3's can be played with MPlayer/OssoMediaServer instead.
Nevertheless, it can be seen as a generator example how to point to a specific flash and modifying its parameters.

The Following User Says Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Im really diggin the lastfm plugin. Is there a way to get the flash player to go full screen so I can use my finger to skip tracks and so fourth. Thanks again. Great Work!

Originally Posted by supergadgetman View Post
Is there a way to get the flash player to go full screen so I can use my finger to skip tracks and so fourth.
In fullscreen kmplayer adjust the plugin size too, all the white area is flash. In this case as you've seen, the flash movie chooses to not scale but aligns in the center. That is indeed quite unfortunate, also for the volume control.
Originally Posted by supergadgetman View Post
Thanks again. Great Work!
Thanks

Originally Posted by koos View Post
In fullscreen kmplayer adjust the plugin size too, all the white area is flash. In this case as you've seen, the flash movie chooses to not scale but aligns in the center. That is indeed quite unfortunate, also for the volume control.

Thanks
I just figured it out. I held my stylus on the player and the Flash Player menu came up. Then I just clicked zoom. It only zooms the top left corner so I brought up the menu again and clicked "show all" Now I have full screen. I'm loving this!! Perfect for my car audio.
Thanks again!

Thanks for the tip, works great (I only needed to select the 'Zoom-in' menu item)
Just googled a bit for flash params and http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_12701 I see that scaling should be default enabled.

Anyone familiar with flash parms? The best way to play with this is to copy /usr/share/applications/kmplayer/flashlastfm.sh to /home/user/.kmplayer/ and /usr/share/applications/kmplayer/generators/flashlastfm.xml to /home/user/.kmplayer/generators/ (you may have to create this directory). Then change the title in the xml file and change 'sysdata' to 'data'.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
Hi koos:
In the latest 0.9.2-3 build, whenever I open .SWF flash files, it would try to connect to the internet and not play the file. I have no such problem in all earlier versions.

One more Qn: is there a command line parameter to open up a file in full screen mode?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by pton View Post
In the latest 0.9.2-3 build, whenever I open .SWF flash files, it would try to connect to the internet and not play the file. I have no such problem in all earlier versions.
Hmm, I see that too ... it's the /foo/bar => file:///foo/bar redirect. Will fix.
Thanks for reporting this.
Originally Posted by pton View Post
One more Qn: is there a command line parameter to open up a file in full screen mode?
run-standalone kmplayer -fs path-to-file

Okay made a new build 0.9.2-4 at http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d....2-4_armel.deb (may take an hour to appear).

Other than the local flash tries to connect to the internet fix, I also fixed adding generated lastfm items to favorites. Copy&Paste from Playlist menu should work with these links too. Useful if you often choose the same artist.
Another issue I found on ITT is that this Copy menu item doesn't copy to the desktop clipboard, that works now too; it copies the url only. Pasting from clipboard is like before, only in the location bar.

Please give it a whirl. Just in case, backup your /home/user/.kmplayer/playlist.xml file.
If nothing shows up in the next days, I'll promote it.