Closed Thread
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
Have you looked here for help?
http://wiki.maemo.org/Conversation_Mods

Also Ive made a trendy theme that supports portrait
Thanks but I prefer the default messaging theme. Although yours look rocking nice. I even tested the conversations modder app, selected the option there to wrap the default messaging theme to portrait but it has the same blink/flick behavior when a new message is received.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
I am not that very bright when it comes to programming, but I found this today.
http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/
can anyone look and see if we could replace the mail for exchange in N900 with this and possibly get multiple exchange account feature available for N900 and also possibly getting the Gmail and Hotmail sync working????
I think you misunderstood what Z-Push is for. It works on the *server* side, replacing Microsoft Exchange as the ActiveSync *server*, and allowing to substitute open source groupware back-ends as the source for mail, contacts, calendars etc. (We use it with Horde, IMP and Kronolith for example).

The magic here is that it is instantly compatible with any mobile phone/tablet that has an ActiveSync client, which is to say almost all (at least all Symbian, Android, Windows, iOS, and yes, even Maemo5...). But it can only do what each client is capable of, in combination with its mail and calendaring software ; and that depends on what the mobile maker chose to implement on its own system.

iOS is probably the most feature-complete at the moment, Android is getting there, Windows is, well, Windows, and of course Maemo support is quite basic. But that is a more a limitation of Modest and Calendar than ActiveSync, and Z-Push can't do anything about that, because it doesn't run on the phone...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
One question: How can I have the functionality of the non-CSSU version in which I can have the rotation only on the phone app - to launch the phone with turning the device and having the phone portait while having all the rest vertical?

Locking the CSSU to vertical disables the phones setting, and not locking the CSSU makes everything go ******** all the time.

Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
One question: How can I have the functionality of the non-CSSU version in which I can have the rotation only on the phone app - to launch the phone with turning the device and having the phone portait while having all the rest vertical?

Locking the CSSU to vertical disables the phones setting, and not locking the CSSU makes everything go ******** all the time.
Hmm, launching the phone app by turning the device to portrait works fine for me with CSSU.

Are you sure that you have Force Rotation disabled in the CSSU settings? If you have that then you don't need to use the vertical orientation lock and the rotation works just like without CSSU, i.e., only apps that supports rotation rotate including the 'open phone app by rotation' function.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Hi, I would like to know if the Community will release a ready-to-flash image with all the tweaks and the new features of the CSSU??? So that it will be easy to flash the OS with the new features directly implemented. Of course if the CSSU is enough stable.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Hi, I would like to know if the Community will release a ready-to-flash image with all the tweaks and the new features of the CSSU??? So that it will be easy to flash the OS with the new features directly implemented. Of course if the CSSU is enough stable.
that should be awsome!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robin92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by robin92 View Post
that should be awsome!
I stand within all this good ideas...

The Following User Says Thank You to gorgezilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
except for the fact theres an update once a month or so....

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
This will only happen when the rest of Maemo 5 is open source cloned.

You can't legally distribute flashable images of Maemo 5 unless you're Nokia because of the closed source, not freely distributable licensed bits.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by generationally View Post
Hmm, launching the phone app by turning the device to portrait works fine for me with CSSU.

Are you sure that you have Force Rotation disabled in the CSSU settings? If you have that then you don't need to use the vertical orientation lock and the rotation works just like without CSSU, i.e., only apps that supports rotation rotate including the 'open phone app by rotation' function.
Yes, Force Rotation is disabled. If I don't have the vertical orientation lock on, things.. happen. The most annoying one is that when a call comes in and the phone is locked (as it almost always is), I can't silence an incoming call because all I see is the portrait call screen forced to the vertical screen where I see the caller image and name, the green button is very wide and the reject call button only shows little from the top. To fix that I have to disable the rotating settings from the phone..

Ahh whatever, I can use the vertical lock and forget about the rotations as I have since the CSSU kinda borked them for me (i.e. long time). The good things that it brings are kinda better than the alternative (Although I don't like the clutter in the new camera-ui so much).

I'm worried that CSSU will spread all over the place and mess up my clean N900..

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade