Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Backend is almost done, and application UI can register and nothing more. Unfortunately there is nothing to share yet. Uploaded sources to github repo (link in 1st post). You can start watching progress here

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
hope this version more stable than cepi whatsup..

signin paypal....

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2012 @ india
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Backend is almost done, and application UI can register and nothing more. Unfortunately there is nothing to share yet. Uploaded sources to github repo (link in 1st post). You can start watching progress here
Hi coderus,

I am willing to donote $4 for the project happily(with in 3 days). I am from india and I have paypal account but needs to modify the credit card details as i have updated my credit card.

A small suggestion on the development, Can you pelase keep the ICON or LOGO as similar to original whatsapp/Wazzapp (may be with minor modifications but by keeping Green color) ?? Please try to eliminate the issue "Whatsup not responding" or similar issue when the database .db file size increases in your new whatsforever app .

Thanks,
kumardodla.

@Seful Yeah it will be really cool and full opensource
@kumardodla later it will have option to change icons theme and make your own, but not in very first versions.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Syria - Tartus
Coderus : please make the gallery open fast in the new client (its very slow in whatsup and wazapp) and conversation lost fix .
and is there option to import account from whatsup or wazapp??

Last edited by milad ghusn; 2014-10-20 at 12:59.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2012 @ india
@Seful Yeah it will be really cool and full opensource
@kumardodla later it will have option to change icons theme and make your own, but not in very first versions.
Hi Coderus,

I have donated $4

The Following User Says Thank You to kumardodla For This Useful Post:
@milad ghusn its not whatsup or whatsapp, its new application and it wont have any bugs of these apps just because it's different
account import will exists, not sure about importing conversations and contacts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
I honestly would like to see whatsup continued and improved. I find the interface pretty intuitive (not that it cant be done better, just cant imagine how), and it kind of works (except for profile picture, but well..)

Ideally, i would definitely contribute (and possibly want to join forces) for a Qt(5) based platform for multi messaging, not only whatsapp.
I miss, for instance, a telegram client for my phone, as well as viber, snapchat, etc etc.

It would be truly fantastic to have them all together in one Qt based application, possibly energy efficient, that could also be ported to other OSes easily (at least BB10, Android, Jolla and tizen. don't know about the exact limitations of Qt on iOS).

Am i delirious?

whatsup news here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...ostcount=11002 post your feellings about whatsup in different thread please

whatsup news here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...ostcount=11002 post your feellings about whatsup in different thread please
I posted my comment toward the whatsforever idea. Plus gave different constructive suggestions.
Your reply reads like "either pay or keep your mouth shut".
I understand you do not like suggestions and you are simply asking for money to support your idea, that is yet another whatsapp client (to increase fragmentation). Well, okay. Good luck then.

Tags
fundraising, harmattan, it's a trapp, whatsapp, whatscrap