Notices

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Great! Can you please provide step by step instructions? I will update the first post and the wiki page.
So basicly, You should click on QtComponents within Maemo standart Browser a.k.a. microB, and then HAM will install a new catalog with Butaca and Miniature, which you can install as a always with help of HAM or FAM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i am unable to get this catalogue working ,getting an error while trying to update my catalogues .Can some one post the correct Name/URL/distribution/components ?
Or simply make the catalogue CORRECT so that we dont need to edit it .it will work like Extras/extra devel etc.
Whoever has got working miniature on his device ,please post the catalogue info .TIA

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
http://tessman2007.narod.ru/qtcomponents.install
i opened this link in MicroB i.e. i typed the whole thing... and then it worked fine..try that? if that does not works then :

[install]
catalogues = qtcomponents

[qtcomponents]
name = QtComponents
uri = http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41252806/maemo
dist = fremantle
components = oss non-oss source

The Following User Says Thank You to arora.rohan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
i am unable to get this catalogue working ,getting an error while trying to update my catalogues .Can some one post the correct Name/URL/distribution/components ?
Or simply make the catalogue CORRECT so that we dont need to edit it .it will work like Extras/extra devel etc.
Whoever has got working miniature on his device ,please post the catalogue info .TIA
Have you tried the one that is in my signature?

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
yup ,still not working .i dont know ,may be i should post a log in here .

Even by adding the catalogues manually? odd...
post the log.. maybe then we can help!

Cool stuff. I have been basically waiting for a program like this for Maemo all the time. Now I can mate the folks on FICS from my phone too hrhr... :-)

Like a previous poster said, it rotates exactly into the wrong direction when the CSSU forces the rotation of apps.

Either way, thx.

The Following User Says Thank You to NIN101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Paris
@qgil : I was not talking about miniature (wouldn't dare,never tested it before ) but about the original (in every meaning of this word) chess program already installed in every N900.

About the installation - qt-components is needed yeah, personnally I installed qt-components-examples which bring the dependencies needed (which one exactly ?)

Locking the orientation in landscape is enough for blocking the miniature rotation ( should try to put it on the blacklist for rotation sometime...).

So anyone to play against me? ...and no, not geneven, guess he's a pro....

Last edited by bingbings; 2011-09-15 at 20:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to bingbings For This Useful Post:
haha love this game!

Just got owned by someone but oh well..i was not using grey matter!
Great game!

How can be it made much more awesome:
-Fix the orientation
-Include a chat system between the 2 persons who are playing! (no? just my opinion..dont shoot!)
-thats it! !

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Thanks for the effort and dedication.

The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteWolf For This Useful Post: