Notices

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Hadn't tried that before... epiphany-webkit is darn quick! I haven't experienced any crash yet - maybe for I use a 5 Mb tmpfs?
This is strange....are you seeing a "scrolling bug", were sometimes when you load a page, you see the start of the page but the scrollbar is at the bottom? When I then tap on scrollbar, it acts like I am viewing the bottom of the page, and switches me to that view. Knd of annoying.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
EDIT: yes I have the scrolling bug.

No crashes though, even in complex pages. Instead, in my setting, I have been unable to open a page in a new tab or page, and the program complains when starting that it can't connect to dbus.
I don't have easy debian but a homebrew fs based on johnx beta 3.
Though, it's really quick. I'd like a webkit-based maemo native browser, indeed.

Last edited by debernardis; 2008-09-05 at 18:56.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
Originally Posted by mscdex View Post
I'm using the latest Chromium build (on XP) and the chat bar at the bottom works fine for me. Pokes and other things worked also.
I'm on bloody Vista... maybe that is the thing...

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Facebook works here ( Vista ). Are you using the new or old style Facebook?

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
EDIT: yes I have the scrolling bug.

No crashes though, even in complex pages. Instead, in my setting, I have been unable to open a page in a new tab or page, and the program complains when starting that it can't connect to dbus.
I don't have easy debian but a homebrew fs based on johnx beta 3.
Though, it's really quick. I'd like a webkit-based maemo native browser, indeed.
Yes that would be nice. The main reason is for hildon-input-method integration; I can't find an OSK I like. Matchbox has no minimize or quit buttons (is also rather space-wasting), XVKBD is cramped and doesn't hide well (when hidden, it is in the way of every scrollbar), and XKBD is awesome size-wise, has a great minimize button, just doesn't work...

By the way, the Javascript performance between MicroB and Epiphany-Webkit is staggering: in the test found here, MicroB takes around 29,000 - 32,000 MS to finish the tests, and Epiphany-Webkit takes 7,000 - 8,000.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
By the way, the Javascript performance between MicroB and Epiphany-Webkit is staggering: in the test found here, MicroB takes around 29,000 - 32,000 MS to finish the tests, and Epiphany-Webkit takes 7,000 - 8,000.
midori gets in the mid 5000's!

And yet, Google Mail really goes slowly... I think it has something to do with a recurring error (#500) that GMail gets when in "full" mode... Hmm... Otherwise, whoo, midori (Debian edition) is screamingly fast.... All the websites seem to work with it too (except the aforementioned problem in GMail full mode)...

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
Originally Posted by brontide View Post
Facebook works here ( Vista ). Are you using the new or old style Facebook?
New Facebook.

Anyway, I am able to use every single other page, even the old mexican tax ones.

I will survive with it it guess, and in a really satisfied way!!

EDIT: Now it i working (seems that I had v. 0.2.149.27, and I downloaded now v. 0.2.149.29), and works!!!

That's why I need to be a little bit more patient

Last edited by yegaoo; 2008-09-08 at 16:27.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Chrome is not Google's new open source browser. Chromium is Google's new open source browser;
http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/A...eatures/111487

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, mozilla/netscape flashbacks anyone?

Tags
browser, chrome, google, webkit