Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
youll need a driver or module i take it? windows uses ndis, am guessing whats the android equivalent.

maybe this

http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com...-rpi-using-usb

the Jolla would obviously be the raspberry pi, connected in dev mode, and the android is set in how that link says
Tried this...
1. When I go to "Tethering and Mobile hotspot>USB tethering" in my tablet - USB tethering is not active and I can't check it even my jolla already connected to table. It just show me "No usb devices connected"
2. I can find this "/etc/network/interfaces" in the tablet for editing like explained in your link.

But I found this file: /system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf
with this content:
Code:
# dhcpcd configuration for Android Wi-Fi interface
# See dhcpcd.conf(5) for details.

# Disable solicitation of IPv6 Router Advertisements
noipv6rs

interface wlan0
# dhcpcd-run-hooks uses these options.
option subnet_mask, routers, domain_name_servers, interface_mtu
Maybe here I can edit something ?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Hmm, just tried connecting my Jolla to my Android tablet. It popped up asking me which of 3 apps to use, Google+ camera import, Photo Mate R2, Sony's Xperia transfer.

The first two sit there and do nothing. The third is for migrating from an old phone to a new one.

Next I attached my Olympus OM-D to my Jolla - nothing. The camera usually asks if you want mtp, mass storage, print...

Next I attached the camera to my tablet. The camera asked mtp etc, I selected mtp. The tablet asked which of the three apps again. Photo Mate selected and all my images on the camera pop up, import great and I've full editing capabilities.

So, no working mtp/ptp between my Jolla and camera, no exfat.

Both android and my Mac support cable connections. Conclusion: if you're a photographer, leave the Jolla at home. Take an Android phone/tablet.

Now that they've killed exFAT support they really need to fix mtp/ptp.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Next I attached my Olympus OM-D to my Jolla - nothing. The camera usually asks if you want mtp, mass storage, print...

So, no working mtp/ptp between my Jolla and camera, no exfat.

Both android and my Mac support cable connections. Conclusion: if you're a photographer, leave the Jolla at home. Take an Android phone/tablet.

Now that they've killed exFAT support they really need to fix mtp/ptp.
As it happens, you need to be USB host to connect to an USB slave device; there is no USB host mode in the Jolla phone.
I am hoping that host mode will be available in the tablet, though since it is more customary to use it there.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
And how I can check "v" in Usb tethering on my tablet ? It possible somehow ? My tablet rooted.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
And how I can check "v" in Usb tethering on my tablet ? It possible somehow ? My tablet rooted.
No idea what that means. I am a programmer, not an user!

You might want to go to console and do "lsmod".
the module you want could be called g_ether, perhaps...

tried "lsmod" and got: /proc/modules No such files or directories

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
tried "lsmod" and got: /proc/modules No such files or directories
Hmm, that's what you get with incorrectly composed OS
Some androids are like that, parts of the system are missing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Intresting... Can we will do this ssh over usb connection between Jolla tablet and Jolla phone ?

Intresting... Can we will do this ssh over usb connection between Jolla tablet and Jolla phone ?
I sure hope so.

There's just one requirement, and that is that the Jolla Tablet will have USB Host Mode possibility.

USB devices come in 3 kind of categories;
1. Device can only act as slave device (like mouse or keyboard)
2. Device can only act as host device (like a PC computer)
3. Device can act as both Host and slave (like N900)

Most phones are only category 1. Some tablets can be like 3.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
What I forgot to say; whether a device belongs to category 1, 2 or 3 above depends on 2 things in the HW;
- what operating modes the used chipset supports
- how the USB chip is wired to the connector

Many devices have such an USB chipset that it supports both slave and master modes, but it is wired so that it cannot be safely set to host mode. The reason for this is that it needs to provide operating current to the slave device, and some needed components are missing.
A good example is N9; in theory you could set it to Host Mode, but doing so you could potentially damage the charging circuity in the device.