Notices

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by ajaxous View Post
Is there a limit to the number of networks displayed? The app works great in most places for me. In a few places that I know to have a lot of networks, it has only once displayed a bunch of plots. It looked like around 16. In those areas, most of the time the plot is just blank on first launch and after choosing refresh it's still blank. I'm not sure if it's the number of networks or maybe something else in my settings is causing the problem. Thanks for your thoughts!
There is no such limit in the app (except perhaps from the colors that need to be recycled). To debug this you can:

* Run wifieye from a terminal and see if it displays any output.

* If it doesn't output anything, open a terminal and run:

sudo /usr/bin/wifieye-sy

and see if there is any output (should be much more than 2-3 lines).

Version 0.5.0 of wifieye is in extras-testing.

Apart from some fixes, cleanups, and minor ui changes, this version features a new (third) view option: List view.

Have a look at the attachment.
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to v13 For This Useful Post:
Application installed and runs fine.

Some possible ideas for improvement:
- add some form of filtering eg select subset of networks to show, what channels to view etc. Can be very complex graph when multiple networks
- allow zoom of Y axis to show differences or scale to fill screen

BR David

Originally Posted by davidmct View Post
Some possible ideas for improvement:
- add some form of filtering eg select subset of networks to show, what channels to view etc. Can be very complex graph when multiple networks
This is already planned for a future version.

Originally Posted by davidmct View Post
- allow zoom of Y axis to show differences or scale to fill screen
BR David
This is not a good solution because there is not infinite or very good accuracy. Most probably it will end showing only at the messed part. I don't believe it will make the lines more distinguishable. It will just increase the margins at top/bottom of the mess.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
So now I am waiting for the future

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by inidrog View Post
So now I am waiting for the future
Don't feel bad, we all are...

Add buttons for each view instead of 'select view' button please - easier use of application.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hrw For This Useful Post:
This package is now in Extras, however there is unmet dependencies:
python2.5-qt4-common
python2.5-qt4-gui

Shouldn't it be impossible for packages which have unmet dependencies to be promoted to Extras?

Originally Posted by ecksun View Post
This package is now in Extras, however there is unmet dependencies:
python2.5-qt4-common
python2.5-qt4-gui

Shouldn't it be impossible for packages which have unmet dependencies to be promoted to Extras?
In fact, the way maemo dependencies work, it should cause the required libraries to be promoted to extras. However, due to the way the whole thing works they didn't and they required manual intervention. This was done at most a couple of hours after the promotion of WifiEye to extras, so it should not be a problem. According to this, this and this, the required libraries are available in extras.

I suggest you update the catalog and try again and if it fails report back.

Originally Posted by Hrw View Post
Add buttons for each view instead of 'select view' button please - easier use of application.
Unless they go to the menu, there is no space for that. Btw, how often do you change the views?

I'm planning some things like portrait mode (the app is already partially portrait-mode ready) and finger-based switching of the view, but I need Qt 4.6 which is not available yet, but it will be in PR1.2.