My card are going through except Ovi Store keeps telling my that my address is wrong. And specifically it highlights the State and Zip code. (I live in the US). Has anyone contacted Nokia about this and received a reply?

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Spr33 View Post
My card are going through except Ovi Store keeps telling my that my address is wrong. And specifically it highlights the State and Zip code. (I live in the US). Has anyone contacted Nokia about this and received a reply?
I have exactly this problem, and I did email "Nokia Care Contact Center" a few days ago. I got the usual automated reply about "Your inquiry is very important to us ..." and no further response.

Do other people in the US having problems with this also have
zipcodes beginning with a "0" ? I've sometimes run into problems
with sites where a zipcode like "02139" fails as it gets turned into "2139".

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Connecticut
I have the same problem too..

same issue here...

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Northeast USA
Yeah, I've been having this problem as well... I called Nokia the other day, and I tried troubleshooting the issue with a rep... Unfortunately, every time it denies my card, it puts a pre-authorization on my debit card that it never resolves. So now OVI is holding money on my card, just to add to the frustration of not working. I think I will contact the developers of Zen Bound and Angry Birds and see if I can buy it directly from them. I really don't care in the slightest for the OVI store, but it gets to be a problem when it's the only repository for some apps.

BTW, my zip code starts with a 0 as well. Maybe OVI isn't sanitizing their database inputs?

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Then download from the pirate bay

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Northeast USA
Originally Posted by esthreel View Post
Then download from the pirate bay
I've got a much, much better idea. Contact the developer and see if you can purchase directly. If the answer to a broken OVI store is piracy, that will only drive developers away.That doesn't just damage OVI, (I couldn't care less about OVI) it damages the platform as a whole. If you ever want to see more games and apps for the N900, let developers know that they will get something in return for their work.

With Linux, you can expect a completely open source community, because the OS and core applications are always free and easy to obtain; the developers are getting something back from the community. (Namely, a free OS to run their applications) Doing so with Maemo is more difficult, because even though the OS is open-sourced, it's device specific. Therefore, the cost of the OS is the cost of the device. Without allowing developers to get paid for their work on the platform, the only developers for Maemo will be those who own the N900. That SEVERELY limits the capacity for growth for the platform. Hopefully, the Meego multi-device mentality will help with that limitation.

If you want to go break the law and stick-it-to-the-man, go pirate movies and music owned by big corporations who won't feel the impact of it. Leave the indie-software alone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zibeb For This Useful Post:
So I have been going back-and-forth since with Nokia rep's. They first of course made me verify that it isn't my banks refusing the purchase (tried 3 cards, non worked). The banks of course never seen any transaction coming from Nokia. Now they made me reset my phone. This time it didn't reject the State/ZIP combination and took me to the next screen, where it displayed the summary of the purchase with tax included. When I clicked purchase it brought me to a new screen.... CARD ERRORS TRY AGAIN LATER OR TRY DIFFERENT CARDS.. Rep is supposed to call me back tomorrow to see if it worked.

I'm ready to give up...... only thing that makes me going is that the rep girl's voice is very soothing =)

Here in Toronto Canada

I was able to buy the Angry birds level 1 pack and Morpho Panorama thing, but after that, I the site says there is an error with my cards. I still have credit, and I didnt change anything within those 10 minutes I was doing those transactions. Until now it still doesn't let me buy anything. (ZEN BOUND AND JOIKU WIFI HOTSPOT!!!!!)