Posts: 32 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Deb & Ian's dooryard
You might want take a look at the Easy Debian for MeeGo Harmattan thread (just skip the Download & Installation section). Even if you don't have a N9 it offers a lot of useful information and tips for N900 users.

The Following User Says Thank You to conred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Question to Estel and Sulu : does synchroot work for your Debian images ?

I've tested them (squeeze and upgraded to wheezy) on MeeGo Harmattan and Maemo 5. In both cases, after synchroot'ing, the '/etc/group' is incompatible, lacking the 'crontab' line so dpkg/apt-get don't work anymore.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by conred View Post
The wiki has some information about it:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Easy_Debian#Ke...ssues_and_tips
Conred
I copied xkb from maemo to debian but still I have this: ^ [[A ^ [[B ^ [[C ^ [[D in chroot terminal when I use arrow keys.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Viterbo (Italy)
hi guys, i've news about chromium, in fact browsing italian repository i've found new version (22.0.....), but there isn't armel version so i ask you to look in yours if any.

p.s. last updated is today (armhf version), probably tomorrow is a good day for my version

p.p.s. esel with you trick i had no more reboot, thank you so much

Some time ago, I faced serious corruption of my /home/ partition. As I haven't had (yet) /home/user/ separated between Easy Debian and Maemo, it included loosing Ed configuration.

I've managed to restore msot of it (through backups, or, in some rare cases, by doing it again, from scratch), but, I can't seem to find a way of restoring "ctrl + ." (control + dot) shortcut for moving currently active window (very useful for ones, that are too big to fit in 800x480 screen).

I know that I - once - knew how to modify it, but for a life of me, I can't remember, where it was configured (no signs in .xbindkeysrc config file). any ideas?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

According to this:

http://www.memetic.org/raspbian-benc...rmel-vs-armhf/

Armhf could potentially provide a real kick in speed for some applications. Are there any instructions anywhere as to how to create a new chroot image, specifically one using hardfp?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
sulu tried that, some time ago - it's buried "somewhere" in this thread.

/Estel

// Edit

Look on pages around this post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...fp#post1155415

BTW, my question about ctrl + dot for moving window still apply... Help, please? It seems silly, to reinstall my own squeeze image from scratch, then, update it all the way to wheezy, just to get shortcut for moving window back...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 91 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Kula, Serbia
What is the default password (ex. when I try to install something via synaptic)?

Tnx in advance

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Armhf could potentially provide a real kick in speed for some applications. Are there any instructions anywhere as to how to create a new chroot image, specifically one using hardfp?
Here you go.
armhf binaries should work - they work for ArchARM after all.

On a side note, these binaries are compiled to use Thumb and vfpv3-d16.

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
plzzzzz explain how to install avidemux????????

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze