Originally Posted by optimaxxx View Post
you should really have searched this, as i asked thsi exact question yesterday

but i'm curious as to how you've gotten 3g to work, i'm with virgin, and they don't even have the settings for the phone, so i don't know how to connect to 3g!!

thanks
at the moment it is only working on 2.5g with my telstra next g sim, but skype calls still seem ok, not too fussed about 3 g as I mainly use it for skype at work and home where I have a good wifi.

Martin

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
How did you get a N900 in Australia? When I asked Nokia they answered me that they won't release it here...
Ebay, I got the same from Nokia here in Darwin so bought one on ebay

Martin

Originally Posted by harbourlight View Post
I've mentioned this in like 5 different threads now, but you change the region to Australia through Settings > Date and Time > Time Zone. I don't know if that will affect your phone number issue, but I haven't had any problems with them.

I'm with 3 and their 3g connection works fine. I had to search for the correct settings which I found here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...9361#r12649361

Try googling Virgin 3g settings Australia and see what comes up.
Thanks, I have changed the time zone, but I think the intial country setup is where skype gets its country calling codes from? I dont know for sure though as I have not heard how you dial with Skype in countries where it has been released.

Cheers

Martin

Originally Posted by z3phyr View Post
you had to put in the 3g settings? im with optus, it seems to be working, just bad reception.

i brought mine off ebay for $1000. feel kinda stupid now, you all got it alot cheaper. i just didnt wanna wait any longer

btw where do you go to put in these settings?
I have heard Optus is the best bet for the N900 here, I am just stuck with 12 more months for Telstra, have a 49 cap and monthly data 5gb for $89

I paid $715 off ebay,

Martin