Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
lacro, what you did before it started ?

roman2205, which version of N9QT you used ? the latest one from today...
Flash your phone: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693
I somehow solved it (my contacts appeared again) with the SYNC function from my Nokia Account... BUT still don't know what did I do that created the issue, twice in two weeks.

Nevertheless, I still have issues with my homescreen feeds from Facebook (three days old at least), I need to clean with QAD every time I intend to use the camera, I can't open to read a *.TXT file, couldn't get my messages and calls records back, can't make whatsup work, the battery is draining fast, while I currently keep my N9QTweak updated (current v 9.8.0) without tweaking anything, I couldn't get the required EE tweak in order to change the FasterN9 v 1.1.5 setup with the new safer method from Coderus.

Did I read that I should reflash, as in going throught the PR1.3 Process again?

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Don't know what you did and don't understand why you continue id you saw errors when you install hack-installer.. Which tweak you used EE-1 or EE-2 ? Do you had inception installed first and some apps incepted ? Which build you used ?
The latest build from 24.07 Include hack-installer 1.0.10 and it work perfectly not only on my device..
Hello

This was on clean N9, which I had just flashed priorly, so there were no inception installed and the only app I hap installed was FileCase.

I did no experience any error with hack-installer. That went normally.

I did have some error "can't do something" with BusyBox. It did however go through. After this, I rebooted the phone and checked that everything was working normally.

I then proceeded with EE-2, because I didn't had inception installed. All went normally. Next I installed EE-4, all went normally.

I can't remember if I rebooted the phone after this, but next I proceeded to install PowerBox from tweak HH. All went normally again.

After this I tried to Install FasterN9 (Unstable) with tweak EE. After this I had the "device malfuntioning" MALF

I used the latest build from the first page.

Originally Posted by lacro View Post
I somehow solved it (my contacts appeared again) with the SYNC function from my Nokia Account... BUT still don't know what did I do that created the issue, twice in two weeks.

Nevertheless, I still have issues with my homescreen feeds from Facebook (three days old at least), I need to clean with QAD every time I intend to use the camera, I can't open to read a *.TXT file, couldn't get my messages and calls records back, can't make whatsup work, the battery is draining fast, while I currently keep my N9QTweak updated (current v 9.8.0) without tweaking anything, I couldn't get the required EE tweak in order to change the FasterN9 v 1.1.5 setup with the new safer method from Coderus.

Did I read that I should reflash, as in going throught the PR1.3 Process again?

for all those problems you need flash your phone (including the emmc)

after that, you won't have those problems again!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugon9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Hello

This was on clean N9, which I had just flashed priorly, so there were no inception installed and the only app I hap installed was FileCase.

I did no experience any error with hack-installer. That went normally.

I did have some error "can't do something" with BusyBox. It did however go through. After this, I rebooted the phone and checked that everything was working normally.

I then proceeded with EE-2, because I didn't had inception installed. All went normally. Next I installed EE-4, all went normally.

I can't remember if I rebooted the phone after this, but next I proceeded to install PowerBox from tweak HH. All went normally again.

After this I tried to Install FasterN9 (Unstable) with tweak EE. After this I had the "device malfuntioning" MALF

I used the latest build from the first page.
Hmmm. If you say that after EE-2 you don't saw any errors and correctly installed EE-4, that mean Coderus aegis-install, reinstalling develsh, installing opensudo and after this aegisctl - all this without errors, installed like expected. It prefer to reboot before continue..
But anyway, After HH-2 it also prefer to reboot...
FasterN9 can be problematic for some phones it can cause malf. This app have auto-reboot at the end of the process. I don't have any problem with this and I also use unstable version. But it can be a reason... Not hack-installer...

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Hmmm. If you say that after EE-2 you don't saw any errors and correctly installed EE-4, that mean Coderus aegis-install, reinstalling develsh, installing opensudo and after this aegisctl - all this without errors, installed like expected. It prefer to reboot before continue..
But anyway, After HH-2 it also prefer to reboot...
FasterN9 can be problematic for some phones it can cause malf. This app have auto-reboot at the end of the process. I don't have any problem with this and I also use unstable version. But it can be a reason... Not hack-installer...
I flashed the phone and did everything exactly the same, except that left BusyBox out.

EE-2 first, then EE-4. Installed HH-2 and did reboot. After this I again installed EE-3, that being FasterN9 (Unstable) This time it worked and everything is now ok. I consider this to be somewhat weird as on both instances I was doing it on a clean devices. With the exception that on the first time I first installed FileCase and BusyBox before fastern9. It is just dangerous that that the MALF seems to be quite random on my opinion. because I can't see how FileCase from store or even BusyBox error could be related to this MALF

Anyways, absolutely great work from you and other devs for bringing us this modding tool. I have long used to do manually all the bigger mods, but now it seems that I can be basically anything with N9QuickTweak

Last edited by Boxeri; 2013-07-25 at 08:14. Reason: Typo

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 644 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Hello,
Tried to install powerpack (hh), but:
Code:
PowerPack packages downloaded successfully...
unzip: invalid option -- 'u'
BusyBox v1.21.0 (1.21.0power1+harmattan0) multi-call binary.
Full copy/paste.

Your unzip have not correct version, just reinstall it:
Code:
dpkg -i /opt/N9QTweak/SYS/unzip*

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
In the PDF about the Coderus unrestricted system-ui it says:

Some problem:
 still have bug with alarm delay
 Music Control – the default player opens with big delay, but work good.
 Status Updater – Big delay until the “Authorization” window opens.
Fixing this problem:
 Via GConfik disable the “Orientation taggle”.
Are you saying that all of these bugs will go away if the orientation toggle is disabled?

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 494 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
In the PDF about the Coderus unrestricted system-ui it says:

Are you saying that all of these bugs will go away if the orientation toggle is disabled?
i don't have any of those bugs. Don't know why. And that orientation toggle is in use.

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh