Notices

When quit from the Mplayer OSD menu by press the Escape-key,a window will pop up and ask you"Real quit?" from the mediabox .But most of the times,I only want to quit the OSD of Mplayer.So I wish you can cancel this pop up window.

another advice:in the older version(0.95),I can remote control the mediabox to PLAY or PAUSE with the key on the earphone,but I can't find it in the new version.
I like it ,I wish you can add it in Version 0.96.3.You can define the One Click as PLAY and PAUSE,and Double Click as "The Next Song".
I like this software,thank you .

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by craves1 View Post
It also kills the battery in about 4 hours if I am not there to stop it. I also think but I am not sure but the battery dies very fast after I play music then close MediaBox Media Center 0.96. This never happened prior to installing MediaBox Media Center 0.96. I use the old version all the time.

I uninstalled MediaBox Media Center 0.96 today and now the battery is back to normal.
+1
As I mentioned before after playing audio in MediaBox CPU frequency is 400MHz on any governor. So it seems to be MediaBox's bug.

And one more bug is back. Thumbnailing... If it fails on one it fails globally.
(Bugs found in 0.96.2 and SVN rev. 689)

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mrp View Post
0.96.X available for os2006 / he2007 ? I'd especially want the feature of upnp and internet radio listings (shoutcast)
The packages from Diablo work. You need to grab
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p..._1.0_armel.deb
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p..._1.0_armel.deb
http://repository.maemo.org/extras/p...96.2_armel.deb

and install them in this order. You also need to satisfy the dependencies on python2.5-runtime and mplayer.
It is mandatory to enable virtual memory (swap) when running on the 770.
I'm working on a plugin to preallocate memory for MediaBox to reduce the amount of swapping, which makes the application run a lot smoother. Video doesn't work yet on OS 2006 because 2006 doesn't have Xv support.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cyberboy View Post
When quit from the Mplayer OSD menu by press the Escape-key,a window will pop up and ask you"Real quit?" from the mediabox .But most of the times,I only want to quit the OSD of Mplayer.So I wish you can cancel this pop up window.
The mplayer OSD shouldn't appear at all, but somehow cannot be disabled reliably.
The Escape-key behavior is a bug.

Originally Posted by cyberboy View Post
another advice:in the older version(0.95),I can remote control the mediabox to PLAY or PAUSE with the key on the earphone,but I can't find it in the new version.
I like it ,I wish you can add it in Version 0.96.3.You can define the One Click as PLAY and PAUSE,and Double Click as "The Next Song".
I like this software,thank you .
Headset control will return as a plugin with configurable actions for click, double click, and triple click.

Originally Posted by 412b View Post
+1
As I mentioned before after playing audio in MediaBox CPU frequency is 400MHz on any governor. So it seems to be MediaBox's bug.
Does this also happen if you don't use osso-media-server as player backend? E.g. when only playing Ogg-Vorbis during a MediaBox session (which is handled by mplayer).

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Does this also happen if you don't use osso-media-server as player backend? E.g. when only playing Ogg-Vorbis during a MediaBox session (which is handled by mplayer).
Well, all my music is in OGG, so I'm using MPlayer backend all the time and all the time (if it is not started from XTerm) this bug occurs. As ps -aux shows /usr/bin/mplayer didn't stop after exiting MediaBox. killall mplayer solves the problem nicely.

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
The mplayer OSD should be held ,because there are many important functions in it,such as setting subtitle to display or not,selecting the right subtitle,Viewing the media information and so on.

I also find ,
When you return from the fullscreen Video or Audio,the programme responses too slowly,sometime the screen becomes black,and you must restart the video again.

Just downloaded Mediabox after realizing how much space Canola foolishly took up in my home folder with its database and cover art (Gah WHY is the home folder in the same partition as applications?). I still love Canola, but this is an incredible improvement over the Mediabox I tried and immediately abandoned originally.

Odd thing: When I look at my music albums in the Browser, cover art is appropriately displayed, automagically, instead of a folder icon. (First media player I've used on the tablet which doesn't want me to jump through hoops for album art! Yay!). However, from the Music Library, no album art is displayed. The art added to individual tracks is there in the current track info, though.

My only other issue is that menus here are major mystery meat. It's like reading hieroglyphics. They look pretty, but it's really tough to find one's way around at first. If labels can't be added, maybe hints could appear while a button is being pressed. Perhaps it could be solved down the line with some fancy custom-made icons.

Last edited by Picklesworth; 2009-01-04 at 21:11.

Originally Posted by Picklesworth View Post
However, from the Music Library, no album art is displayed. The art added to individual tracks is there in the current track info, though.
This is odd. The album folders should show the album art in the music library. What kind of cover art do you have? Image files in the folders, or embedded in ID3 tags?

Originally Posted by Picklesworth View Post
My only other issue is that menus here are major mystery meat. It's like reading hieroglyphics. They look pretty, but it's really tough to find one's way around at first. If labels can't be added, maybe hints could appear while a button is being pressed. Perhaps it could be solved down the line with some fancy custom-made icons.
This really is a problem. I would love if anybody came up with custom-made icons which are more understandable. The size of these icons is 42x42 pixels, btw.
I also like the idea with the hints.
Maybe all newly discovered UI elements should be shortly described by a bubble the first time the user sees them.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bay area, CA // Kampala, Uganda
This new version is a big improvement - like others, whereas before I found Mediabox immediately less functional than Canola, for instance, now it is a much more viable competitor.

My biggest problem with it is that it still feels a bit sluggish overall, but great work! Each update is faster than the last. My only other comment is that it seems a bit too easy to 'expand' (eg) an album so it lists all the songs when you're just trying to scroll through your library, and then have to scroll back up to the top of it to unexpand it.

Tags
fmradio, mediabox, upnp, youtube