Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I have the mysterious green icon in the app menu screen that is reported in this thread. However, the solution in that thread doesn't work for me (which is why I started this new thread as that one is marked as "solved").

It's odd because I got the same 'download' icon first that is reported at the start of that thread, and then the green icon after a reboot.

Also, I have painstakingly checked by moving all the .desktop files temporarily out of /home/user/.local/share/applications, and /usr/share/applications, and the green icon remains when I do that - so it has to be due to a .desktop file somewhere else, which is strange.

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
I solved the problem by using 'Restore settings'

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Belgium
Worked for me too. Thanks !

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
I had this, it think it was just my vodafone icon not loading properly as i restarted and it was ok after that! haven't seen it since!

Not really a solution, but I found I got this icon after installing Calendar Feed from the Ovi store. remove the app and it goes away, but I can't see any other way or getting rid of it.
credit to jonathandtcox

Uninstalling the calendar feed fixes it but it comes back after installing the calendar feed again. Is this something the program developer has to fix or is there a file stuck in the usr/share/applications folder like in the other thread?

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Not really a fix, but you can use Organiser Feed instead of Calendar Feed. Works great.

Thanks! I'll give that a try instead.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Oh yes, it's calendarfeed-ui.desktop causing the problems.
Thanks for flagging that.
Moved it out of the way, restarted meegotouchhome and the green icon was gone.
The .desktop file does have a line at the bottom that's commented that it should be hidden from the launcher, but the file in installer-extra is interfering somehow. Relevant bug here:
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=566

Last edited by vitaminj; 2012-01-11 at 14:57.