Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
I like to make lists
lists of restaurants I want to go to
lists of books I want to read
lists of groceries
lists of holidays...

lists which can be grouped, ticked as done, not done etc almsot in a database fashion.

On my palm I had an application called handyShopper which I could make my lists in.

Does anyone know of anything like this for the N900? I've seen pyrecipe which has an ingredients shopping list but thats not really general enough.

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geodv8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Download Vim.

Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Yeah and if you are dissatisfied with the browser you should just use telnet to port 80 of the web server.

Thanks. I was looking for something more than a text editor. Will keep looking - or maybe this is where I start to earn application building

Any reason why something like this or similar note apps won't work?

All you do is make a new note.. "Restaurants"... and put your list of restaurants in there. You can then use "strike out" to mark them as completed. I don't see what a special "list" app really makes any easier than .. well.. typing lists... except that a "list" app would organize it for you, which is what a notes app does.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

I use "remember the milk" its a website where I can make feature rich lists. I'm campaigning on their forums for them to create an app for maemo 5 so it's more finger friendly than using their website.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
I use Notecase (search using google). The version for os2008 (which is found on sourceforge) works on the N900. There is also a professional version for sale especially for the N900 and PCs. It is a great app with a lot of handy features.

The Following User Says Thank You to BruceL For This Useful Post:
note taking doesn't work because I want to categorize and sort. Maybe tie in to position location

The Following User Says Thank You to geodv8 For This Useful Post:
vim outliner may work for you if you are familiar with vim.

what i've been using that works ok is gmail tasks. its more than just a tasks list and more of an outliner or list maker.

i made a web shortcut on the desktop to https://mail.google.com/tasks/canvas and it works well for everything i need to keep track of. you will need connectivity to save any edits, but so far that hasn't been too much of a problem.

hth

There is a list application on the iphone my mate uses regularly for shopping etc. You can email them, and click on the items to cross them out... any developers out there able to make one. Donations will be made