Notices

I've been trying out a new app over the past few days: Macuco ( http://puelocesar.wordpress.com/2009...ent-for-maemo/ ).

It's a gmail client that really works well (super smooth scrolling and easy to load, read, etc).

Not sure if the developer is active here but since it's an open sourced program with the code posted, I thought I'd see if anyone was looking at developing this further.

Some ideas after a few days of use:

* Off-line work mode,

* Ability to pre-save accnt name and pwd for multiple gmail accounts and make it easy to switch between them.

* Ability to zoom in and out using the hardware buttons

* Let the menu bar ontop of the screen always stay on screen so that you don't have to scroll to the top every time to access the menu options there

* I can't seem to open hyperlinks in emails.

This is a great app - my thanks to the developer(s)

Last edited by Tintin; 2009-10-28 at 00:07.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Useful Post:
It's a nice 'lil browser. Interesting how sites treat you when you set your user-agent to that of the iphone.

Here's a hint, after logging into gmail>Top tool bar>More>Web. Brings you to google.com, type in URL and google will let you go the URL. Huzzah.

As someone with many accounts, an easy way to sign into them all would be much appreciated (I already have a python script to check numerical values; also used to use gmail manager Firefox extension).

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Londrina, PR - Brazil
Man, now I'm getting emotional

Hey, it's my very first open source app, so I'm honored you people found it useful!

Well, yes, I have plans for further extending it, but these days I'm not having too much time for coding, but i'll put those things on my list of todo. This is my priority list:

* The zoom feature (in development right now)
* Open links in new window
* Simple navigation bar (url, back, stop, reload)
* offline support

I didn't thought on multiple accounts until now, but help on that would be appreciated.

The code can be found on github, if anyone wants to help:
http://github.com/puelocesar/Macuco

Bye!

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to puelocesar For This Useful Post:
I would definitely like to try this application out, but it's saying I have conflicting application packages with 4.5.2maemo2 QT...

Any help?

Originally Posted by puelocesar View Post
This is my priority list:

* The zoom feature (in development right now)
* Open links in new window
* Simple navigation bar (url, back, stop, reload)
* offline support

I didn't thought on multiple accounts until now, but help on that would be appreciated.
Hey and thanks again for working on this - I've really wanted a smooth browser for gmail as that is by far my most used email provider.

Your priorities looks great - honestly, if you complete 'zoom' and 'open links in new windoiw' that will make me never go to gmail through another browser again

After those two the one that is closest to MY heart is a 'multiple accounts' feature.

I'm sure it's rather a big undertaking though...but imagine being able to have a 'setup section' where you define your gmail accounts and passwords and when you open up Macuco they all open in 'tabs' or 'buttons' or something that you can switch between

Regardless, a really slick app (love the scrolling..it's like Mauku's). I showed it to my iPhone'd girlfriend and even she liked it

The Following User Says Thank You to Tintin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
The installation from extras devel is a breeze and the app is good. It runs very fast and is a good cli app. Thanks,

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenli View Post
I would definitely like to try this application out, but it's saying I have conflicting application packages with 4.5.2maemo2 QT...

Any help?
You are using Maemo-Extras right? When I have that kind of problem, I usually uninstall the conflicting packages and install the package I want. The problem with this is that I had to reinstall packages dependent on Qt

The Following User Says Thank You to puelocesar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
Hey and thanks again for working on this - I've really wanted a smooth browser for gmail as that is by far my most used email provider.

Your priorities looks great - honestly, if you complete 'zoom' and 'open links in new windoiw' that will make me never go to gmail through another browser again

After those two the one that is closest to MY heart is a 'multiple accounts' feature.

I'm sure it's rather a big undertaking though...but imagine being able to have a 'setup section' where you define your gmail accounts and passwords and when you open up Macuco they all open in 'tabs' or 'buttons' or something that you can switch between

Regardless, a really slick app (love the scrolling..it's like Mauku's). I showed it to my iPhone'd girlfriend and even she liked it
Actually I already thought a very simple way to implementing multiples accounts! I think I will create a "profile" feature. There you will be able to create profiles and switch between then, and each profile will have it's own cookies and session information, so it will be possible to use multiple accounts very easily.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puelocesar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by puelocesar View Post
Actually I already thought a very simple way to implementing multiples accounts! I think I will create a "profile" feature. There you will be able to create profiles and switch between then, and each profile will have it's own cookies and session information, so it will be possible to use multiple accounts very easily.
Can't wait

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by chenli View Post

Any help?
My conflicts were with 3 apps named "libqt4..." Uninstalling Digia@scene was necessary and sufficient. Then I had to start Macuco TWICE before it got full functionality.

Lack of zoom (with fitting to screen) is so essential to me (and I assume others), I'd appreciate if Puelocesar would release a version with that improvement even before coding additional improvements.

It's a handy app. Thanks.