Notices

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Mumbai, India
@ realsportcars...Great work with the keyboard. I have been using (& prefer) this instead to the default vkb.
However, after updating to the latest version, I noticed that when you type a word using the T9, the word you just typed is not shown. The word is still there, but it can only be seen after pressing the left/right arrow keys on the vkb. It seems like the font color changes to white.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by dar3d3vil View Post
@ realsportcars...Great work with the keyboard. I have been using (& prefer) this instead to the default vkb.
However, after updating to the latest version, I noticed that when you type a word using the T9, the word you just typed is not shown. The word is still there, but it can only be seen after pressing the left/right arrow keys on the vkb. It seems like the font color changes to white.
I faced too.
anyway do u installed cssu or not,
if yes maybe related to new qt 4.7.2 just guessing, this problem also appeared on file box and open media player.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
@realsportscars - the vkb that are in screenshots the last two pages, i love how they look. Is that fastsms? Because mine looks nothing like that at all. They look shiny and fancy, very polished, mine looks like this:
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Curiously, what graphical element controls the back tile of each key? I see we can change foreground color but I'd like to modify the background tile.

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Curiously, what graphical element controls the back tile of each key? I see we can change foreground color but I'd like to modify the background tile.
I am pretty sure it depends on theme. So it should be somewhere there

EDIT: btw realsportcars, tonight i'll write some bugs(mostly about russian vkb), as you have asked.

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-04-21 at 15:54.

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
yeah! button skin comes from installed theme...

the problem of "ghost" word is related to Qt libs, I can't do anything unluckily

thank you Alfred! and thank you to you all for positive comments and donations that are my engine for do this

Donate link

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
richwhite, as you know, the vkb changes in appearance based on your theme. I don't think I've seen it look like that before, without gaps in between the keys... But I'm sure that's a theme difference too.

- Edit -

For instance, if you look at Marina theme button images, they are rounded off, and the edges don't reach the end of the image. That probably explains the gaps we seen between buttons on most themes. I suspect if we opened up the theme richwhite has and looked at it, we'd find that the relevant button icons fill the entire image area, and terminate on the edge in a "dividing line" like you see "between" his buttons. This would also mean that fastsms (and the underlying Qt) tiles the buttons completely touching, and it's just out theme buttons that make it look like there's gaps.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-04-21 at 17:36.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Hi realsportcars,
just done a little donation for your great work
Thank you for your efforts, best wishes...CIAO!

The Following User Says Thank You to djdas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Hey all Russians, are you satisfied with the layout that i have given to realsportcars? if no, b**** now (or you can just write a simple complaint). I am actually thinking that swaping the letter Ж and Ю would be a good idea?? what do you think?
Now @Realsportcars (whenever i am adressing to You, i feel like talking to some kinda robot, i have realized that there is no alfanum russian keyboard. Though i am not really keen of using T9 thingy. Again that's a question to other slavic ppl out here. And probably this one was already asked before, but... Are you thinking of implementing some sort of qucik change of language? let it be in the same menu button. Supposely i wanna use both russian and english. Rught now i will have to press menu>settings>and change landscape or portrait layout. I hope you follow what i meant...

And another thing: The transitions are a bit strange. Here:
1) when i turn the phone from landscape to portrait(with vkb on of course), the screen flashes, then the portrait(half-screened) vkb shows up and then the full portrait vkb shows up.
2) when going backwards, from portrait to landscape:
the screen flashes shows me the portrait screen without vkb, then shows portrait screen with the shadow, where the portrait vkb supposed to be, then finally shows the full landscape vkb.
I hope i made myself clear, but i am pretty sure you could reproduce it and see it your own.

Besides pointing these bugs out, i really want to thank You one more time!

EDIT:
a liitle bit more. That was a great idea of doing what you have done with "123" button. I mean this "1/2" and "2/2". But what's up with "eou" button? I can push it twice too, but there is no other layout. Maybe disable the second push?

Last edited by Alfred; 2011-04-21 at 17:54.

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
richwhite, as you know, the vkb changes in appearance based on your theme. I don't think I've seen it look like that before, without gaps in between the keys... But I'm sure that's a theme difference too.

- Edit -

For instance, if you look at Marina theme button images, they are rounded off, and the edges don't reach the end of the image. That probably explains the gaps we seen between buttons on most themes. I suspect if we opened up the theme richwhite has and looked at it, we'd find that the relevant button icons fill the entire image area, and terminate on the edge in a "dividing line" like you see "between" his buttons. This would also mean that fastsms (and the underlying Qt) tiles the buttons completely touching, and it's just out theme buttons that make it look like there's gaps.
So is it possible for that screenshot, with the gaps, to be implemented as a default UI?

Tags
keyboard, portrait, wikkid