Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by tdesws View Post
Yea, the friend of mine won't work with c++ cause he doesn't have N900, maybe here are any people who would like to make engine? I could work with graphics, get people to make music and stuff.
There's no reason he can't join you! You'll be doing your development from a normal computer, and running it there. And when it comes to testing on the phyiscal device -- you (or anyone else with an n900 can do that part).

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Qt and MADDE leaves you no excuse even without devices. :-)

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Wine Is Not an Emulator. You have to start from scratch.
That's why i described it as a fork, and called it notwine. !(WINE). Get it?

I acknowledged up front the concept is mostly of academic interest given the amount of work it would probably take, but there would be no reason to throw out wine and start over. I expect much of the wine source could be used with little modification.

Port wine to armel, glue it to an x86 translation layer for the application executable, et voila! (5 years later... )

That would be a helluva coup for maemo. But again, would be more work than could possibly be justified for the gain except for a very ambitious pet project...say, a whole passel of master's projects maybe.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Hmm I'll try to make him to work XD but IDK how that will work out

Ok I'm kinda interested in all that thing.
So I have lots of questions:

1. If somebody makes a game in game maker, how much time will it take to remake it to N900 compatible?

2. Anyone wants to make a 2d platformer game? I could work with graphics.

3. Is there a player that will open MKV videos?

4. Can I download torrents with N900?

5. Can it open .Sis .Jar or .Jre files?

Last edited by fay; 2009-12-31 at 10:50.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by fay View Post
Ok I'm kinda interested in all that thing.
So I have lots of questions:

1. If somebody makes a game in game maker, how much time will it take to remake it to N900 compatible?

2. Anyone wants to make a 2d platformer game? I could work with graphics.

3. Is there a player that will open MKV videos?

4. Can I download torrents with N900?

5. Can it open .Sis .Jar or .Jre files?
Gamemaker is a platform designed to allow quick and simple creation of games. This is effectively a complete game engine in which you write scripts to glue the various parts of the engine into something useful. This is not a small undertaking. This would also realistically require cooperation of the code owners as I don't believe that this is an open source project either.

The other point to consider is that the engine is designed for a desktop machine so the power of the N900 is going to cause issues here for performance. You could use the resources such as graphics and sound I suspect again without too much hassle. The script would probably contain a lot of the essential game design too but the translation to program would require hand coding to make a final product.

Best of luck and nice to see people enthusiastic about developing