If I ever open a browser link in a new window I don't ever want to go there right now. I like to open up a bunch of links in the background and waint for them to load wile I look at other stories of interest. So I don't just sit there and wait for them to load up. Especially when surfing via bluetooth.

Does anyone know a way to make a new window appear behind the one you are reading in the os2008 mozilla browser? I was looking through about:config but nothing seems to be what I am looking for.

I haven't found any answers one way or the other searching here and on Google.

Thanks for any help.

The Following User Says Thank You to FuzyBaffy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Yes, it would be the best feature in the browser.

Seco-thirded!

I'd prefer tabs, but yeah..

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
I'd like this feature too, since I open a bunch of windows and while they slowly load I go on reading the previous page.

Ok, this thread is dead. But I think this feature is too important to be left behind.

Anyone agrees that this should be implemented in MicroB? Is there any bug filled in bugzilla about this? I want to vote ASAP.

Thanks!

Vote for it here on Maemo Bugzilla.

The Following User Says Thank You to iamthewalrus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
Vote for it here on Maemo Bugzilla.
That's not really the same "bug" ("feature" would be more accurate). That's a bug for tabs. You could open windows in the background even without tabs. Later maybe I'll make a new "bug" report. (At the moment I lack focus myself! )There isn't a Report specifically about opening windows in the background, although the desire for such a feature is mentioned in the Report you referenced and also here.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Checked both bugs, but they really don't refer to this feature

I could file this bug, but I think I'm not the best one to do this. My English is horrible and I couldn't follow the results.

Anybody?