Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
you just have to use a version of flasher which still has that option (like maybe 3.5) ;-)
i used this but still no success im i doing something wrong?

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by eltoffer View Post
i used this but still no success im i doing something wrong?
yes that one works just fine.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

It's possible to pack your own firmware images without any keys - the caveat is that flashing them will put your phone into open mode no matter what starting with the PR1.2 bootloader version.

The procedure is to:

• Unpack FIASCO image using flasher 3.5
  • Unpack sparse image (rootfs.jffs2) using unlzo.py
  • Mount rootfs image as an ext4 loopback device
  • Do what you'd like
  • Unmount rootfs
  • Repack sparse image using sparsify.py
  • Build FIASCO image from sparse image and layout file using fiasco-gen
  • Flash FIASCO image to device using flasher 3.12.1

It isn't very easy to do, and most of those steps have to be done from a Linux system. Also, realistically, it isn't all that useful - though I released sparsify hoping that someone would do it anyway. If you really want to pack a custom image I'd help out with more info.

Edit: On second thought, one potential use would be for quick deployment of NITDroid, but IIRC e-yes wasn't too interested in this.

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 2012-07-06 at 23:08.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
it's not necessary for nitdroid, deb package much better for installing and upgrade.
and in my opinion customs for MeeGo is evil. it's linux, we always can do what we need without reflashing.

Only potential i see: dd mmcblk0p2 and then pack it to fiasco - good backup system

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
i just want to extract SWYPE-KEYBOARD debian file fro pr 1.1 is that possible? as i see it wont give me the DEB file isnt it??

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
i just want to extract SWYPE-KEYBOARD debian file fro pr 1.1 is that possible? as i see it wont give me the DEB file isnt it??
not possible (and not legal probably)

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
It's possible to pack your own firmware images without any keys - the caveat is that flashing them will put your phone into open mode no matter what starting with the PR1.2 bootloader version.

The procedure is to:

• Do what you'd like
  • Unmount rootfs

It isn't very easy to do, and most of those steps have to be done from a Linux system. Also, realistically, it isn't all that useful - though I released sparsify hoping that someone would do it anyway. If you really want to pack a custom image I'd help out with more info.

Edit: On second thought, one potential use would be for quick deployment of NITDroid, but IIRC e-yes wasn't too interested in this.
Thanx for very important info, it sem it's more complicated than Symbian OS CFW.....new chalange with linux!

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
not possible (and not legal probably)
its possible mounting pr1.1 on a virtual device and using apt-get -d swype-keyboard, why not legal????

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post

The procedure is to:

• Do what you'd like
  • Unmount rootfs

Can you help me with repacking sparse image using sparsify.py?
I don't know how to repack it.
And I think I gonna make it after this process!

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
its possible mounting pr1.1 on a virtual device and using apt-get -d swype-keyboard, why not legal????
Why not just :

apt-get install -d swype-keyboard=version-from-pr1.1

???

A++