Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Thank you, will try and report.

Regarding MAME frontends they usally are very CPU intensive as they usually try to maintain a large amount of data in memory while searching for roms.

I would suggest you not to try porting any existing MAME frontend but just write a very simple GUI to launch any rom file with MAME, and after that, maybe, other features could be added.

i am getting error
the selected game is missing one or more required rom or chd images
plz help
i have placed neogeo file too...

- Which rom are you trying to use?

- Where have you placed the neogeo file?

Help us out to help you out...

dino and metal slug all parts
neogeo file in roms folder

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
hi all, i am new with the n900 and mame, I have the same problem as my friend above, I got the rom of ghost and goblins and the neogeo roms folder but it says the same thing as above.
Also I have another problem, the Double Dragon's going very slow and the sound cut off, is this normal? or is only a problem of mine?.

Is it possible to disable the auto-save-on-exit feature?

I ask because on certain difficult games (KARNOV!!!) I'd like to use the old "save and quit before boss" method. But MAME keeps overwriting my save when I exit, regardless! I'd jut like it to keep the manual save. I realize the auto-save on exit feature is nice and is handy sometimes, but for certain manual uses of saving, it just makes a problem.

Might there be a config file that can be edited, or something like that? Thanks so much, Flandry.

Originally Posted by rAXv2 View Post
dino and metal slug all parts
neogeo file in roms folder
You have to

- unpack the rom into a folder
- unpack the neogeo bios file into the unpacked rom folder
- pack or zip all the unpacked files into a new zip file and make sure you name it the same as the original rom.

this should work.

@sub7

For ghosts n goblins search for this rom.

gng - rom size 155kb

double dragon plays about 50% speed with stuttering sound

The Following User Says Thank You to Bazza For This Useful Post:
@Flandry

Read that the new versions of mame 0.138,0.139 for example are having problems with under-powered pc's and are showing slow downs and sound stuttering and people are advised to return to older versions to experience smoother gamplay on both graphics and sound syncing on older roms space harrier, r-type,nemesis(gradius) etc. i haven't read any of your posts recently so i don't know how busy you are. Is there a chance you could possibly look into doing a quick port of MAME build 0.37b5 from the wiz or pandora versions just to see if they can maybe run some of the trickier roms better?

Ran my GP2X WIZ at 533mhz on mame4all 2.5 (build 0.37b5) tweaked a few settings and got outrun running at 76% speed at 18fps on frameskip 7, very playable. so surely the N900 can run this emulator at similar if not better performances

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Haven't forgotten MAME, but have been waiting for the next version update. Got my SDK set up again the other day but have not pushed a new version from upstream because it sounds like they are still experiencing a lot of regressions from the transition to C++. Your comment confirms that, but as i mentioned early on, this is the port of MAME. Old branch MAME projects (of which one or more are known to work fine on N900) could be ported but would be completely different packages, which is reasonable as they wouldn't be compatible with the same ROMs.

You can always install an older version of MAME--0.137, for example.

Would you just keep two separate ROM collections?

I'll consider this if the next version of MAME doesn't improve things, but no promises as that's basically a new port to maintain.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I do not seem to have the problems mentioned with a full set of MAME 1.39.3 and I also use it on my dual core SU7300 M11X "netbook". I use both the 32 and 64 bit versions if MAME.

I will test again. Shame about the lack of Vram on the N900, since game platforms like Neo Geo are a lot slower than they should be. Especially since a lot of more complex Cave shooters play so smooth on the N900 with this great app.

Tags
arcade, emulator, game, maemo 5, mame, wip