Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Here is version 5. I think it is rather difficult to return to the channel you like when there is no description. So, I add the country. The whole playlist is arranged in order of country, and .5a5b.2 is the whole file which currently houses 1095 channels. I have done typing for the rest of my life and wont type any more .............. OMG.

This is the same materials to version 2 and 3, and version 5 may run slightly slower because there is country description. To cut down description to the minimum, so that kmplayer is not going to crush, only a heading of the country is included, i.e., all UK channel will be under heading UK, so, scroll to the top of the list to see the country where the channel comes from etc, While .5a and .5b have country label right on top of the channel, as the file is smaller.

*** These are NOT .deb files, they are .m3u files ***

WorldTV99.5a5b.2.m3u.deb is the whole file, same stuff as in version 2 and 3. Because the file is larger and makes channel change slow, I broke it down to WorldTV99.5a.2.m3u.deb, mainly for media player (osso media server) and WorldTV99.5b.2.m3u.deb, mainly for mplayer. The players are the suggested ones, does not mean that you cannot switch players to try out. .5a and .5b combine together equal to .5a5b. You need both, they are diffferent stuff.

Summary: You should have version 1, the original, and version 5. They together made up the complete streaming source on the internet as recent as Feb07! 145 + 1095 for a total approx 1240 with some duplicates, WOW!

I will refine the channels when I have more inputs from the community, which channels to keep and which to throw away,

Credits:Asgari's note for the mms sources made this happen, and Ism's enthusiam also made this happen. I already gave up couple days ago by just looking at 1650+ TV channel, almost wet my pants...

@Ism: If you want to make changes, please make it on .5a5b.2. Separate files are clumsy. An I am workig from top to bottom, alphabetically, I already checked from A-D. If you do not mind, you can go from bottom to top, we will meet somewhere. TIA,

Edit: I manually condensed the original playlist of 265 kb down to 49 kb and squeeze in kmplayer as a working file. bun, you are something! you rock!

bun
Attached Files
File Type: deb WorldTV99.ossoms.5a.2.m3u.deb (38.8 KB, 270 views)
File Type: deb WorldTV99.mplayer.5b.2.m3u.deb (24.0 KB, 241 views)

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-09 at 19:51.

A newer version, some minor adjustment, WorldTV99.5a5b.2.m3u.deb.
Please delete the WorldTV99.5a5b.1.m3u and substitute with this one.
It may be awhile before I have time to split the 5a5b (total version 5) into a mplayer and ossomp files. The splitting is done manually, I will try when I am bored....

Edit: Done, now you have a choice of one file .5a5b.2.m3u or 2 files which spare you the trouble of switching between mplayer and media player. They are the .5a.ossoms.2.m3u and .5b.mplayer.2.m3u files re

Enjoy,

bun
Attached Files
File Type: deb WorldTV99.5a5b.2.m3u.deb (45.3 KB, 262 views)

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-27 at 15:02.

Screenshots of WorldTV99. These are actual, unadultered, live streaming video from the TVs round the world. They are NOT still pics. The resolution/clarity of the pics has been reduced to fit the posting requirement of the forum. They are TV channels form France, Spain, Canada, USA/Oregon, just to pick a few.

Enjoy,

bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-06-28 at 23:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Since there are so many stations, I will start jogging down some that I really really enjoy. Decent streaming and A/V is a basic requirement for my recommendation.

info@tucuman.tv - like PBS NOVA, I am watching Fleming, pennicillin invention. Unfortunately, it is in Spanish interwind with English. Does anybody know how to hack an Eng subtitles, if it exist. I really like their materials.

All CBC channels. They are with broad contents and timely news, rival CNN.

I will keep adding to the list, if anybody make any suggestions, please contribute.

TIA,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-09 at 12:16.

30 stunning beautiful canadian channels added and a brand new arrangement of channels. Channels are now arranged geographically, not by language any more. So Chile will be under C and Brazil will be under B so and so forth. And much more streamlining on channels. Enjoy,

Installation:

dl the WorldTV99_9.1.m3u.txt to tablet and rename it to WorldTV99_9.1.m3u and open with kmplayer and sit back and enjoy.
It works on either osso-media-server or mplayer. Add the following to mplayer.conf to enhance your enjoyment. This is an enhancement. You do not have to do it to enjoy WorldTV99.

I use emelfm2 to do the modification,

/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf

added the following to the bottom of the file, mplayer.conf
softvol=yes
softvol-max=700
audio-delay=yes
audio-delay=10

This increases vol and better AudioVisual de-sync.

This is similar contents to version 1 of WorldTV99 but with the addition of 30 canadian channels, from Vancouver to Yukon. I can assure you, you have NOT seen any streaming channel, paid or nonpaid, that rivals the CBC, they just hit the nail to the head! Bravo! even CBS Katie Couric or HAVA (a paid TV streaming service) will have to yield. See thread #1 for dl.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-09 at 12:15.

To watch under mplayer, dl the file WorldTV99_9.1.m3u.txt from thread #1 and rename it to WorldTV99_9.1.m3u.

xterm
mplayer -playlist (path)WorldTV99_9.1.m3u; it will play the 1st channel.

(path) is the path where you store the file WorldTV99_9.1.m3u.

press menu from your tablet, to open up the OSD menu, scroll to bottom "Jumpto...", select, that will bring up all the TV channels for your enjoyment. Channel selections are kind of random though

This does NOT work as well as kmplayer, but it is eye-blinking FAST. Yup.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-09 at 12:47.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Las Vegas
how would you get that?

Originally Posted by lady_janice View Post
how would you get that?
Go to thread #1 and follow the last edit, that is TODAY. In summary, just dl the file and open with kmplayer. Please, please post your favorite channels, I cannot possibly watch ALL 1060+ channels. TIA,

bun

Good work, Bun (and thanks for the kind words regarding my last trip). I have been using the default media player, but decided to try the kmplayer. I can see some advantages. BTW can you add one French channel? It's BFM TV at: mms://vipmms9.yacast.net/bfm_bfmtv. The video quality is better than France 24.

Originally Posted by ch8xy View Post
Good work, Bun (and thanks for the kind words regarding my last trip). I have been using the default media player, but decided to try the kmplayer. I can see some advantages. BTW can you add one French channel? It's BFM TV at: mms://vipmms9.yacast.net/bfm_bfmtv. The video quality is better than France 24.
Thanks, I will be glad to. BTW, do you speak French? There is going to be a little bit less than 15 NEW French channels coming very soon, hope you enjoy them. And a slight interesting surprise will also come with that. I am a user too, so cannot leak out too much info.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-07-09 at 23:18.