Notices

Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Nops. That's how Maemo has been designed (See https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7180)
Ah, but I was wondering if there was a way to attach some script to AutoDisconnect that would trigger an Internet connection after a switch to 2G. Like if you open the web browser it'll automatically connect to the WiFi or TMobile Internet.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Don't wanna annoy you :P
Just asking
I will try to update a new version this week

Which accounts are you using with Pidgin ? Could you give me the results of the following command if you are using an account other than MSN Haze ?

Code:
ps | grep telepathy
Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
I'm sing ICQ and MSN :
1308 user 4696 S /usr/lib/telepathy/telepathy-ring
3587 root 2092 S grep telepathy

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post:
Hi guys,

0.4.7 has been released in Extra Devel.

Cheers!

Changelog
---------------------------------------------

- Fix [#6028] Need longer "switch last" durations - Reporter juhas
- Fix [#6070] Add Exception for Pidgin Plugin - Reporter NokiaRocks

- MinorEnhancement : Notification labels changed

Hi calvin_42, is there a way to detect when AutoDisconnect switches to 2G?

Trying to attach this command to it

dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.connect string:"[ANY]" uint32:0 | echo ""

Which will connect to any internet connection. My main reason for doing this is I'd like to keep my chat connection alive after a switch to 2G.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Thx 4 the update.
Unfortunately the pidgin function doesn't really work. Still disconnects when pidgin is connected. Any suggestion ?

//edit: Just read you just added support for the pidgin plugin, but not the pidgin app I'm using.
Would it be a problem to add support for the app itself ?

Last edited by NokiaRocks; 2010-07-21 at 08:32.

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Thx 4 the update.
Unfortunately the pidgin function doesn't really work. Still disconnects when pidgin is connected. Any suggestion ?

//edit: Just read you just added support for the pidgin plugin, but not the pidgin app I'm using.
Would it be a problem to add support for the app itself ?
The Pidgin Plugin uses Telepathy, which is native for the N900. If you don't want to use the Pidgin protocols plugin for Conversations and Contacts, you will have to code yourself the exception.

If I begin to make an exception for a some applications like Pidgin Messenger, it will be better if I add the possibility for the user to add any application in the exceptions list.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Hi calvin_42, is there a way to detect when AutoDisconnect switches to 2G?

Trying to attach this command to it

dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.connect string:"[ANY]" uint32:0 | echo ""

Which will connect to any internet connection. My main reason for doing this is I'd like to keep my chat connection alive after a switch to 2G.
Uninstall AutoDisconnect it will do the same thing.

If AutoDIsconnect switches your phone to 2G, it's because it has disconnected from the Internet. If you want then to connect again to the Internet, AutoDisconnect will switch the network mode to 3G.

It seems you always want to be connected to Internet.

Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Uninstall AutoDisconnect it will do the same thing.

If AutoDIsconnect switches your phone to 2G, it's because it has disconnected from the Internet. If you want then to connect again to the Internet, AutoDisconnect will switch the network mode to 3G.

It seems you always want to be connected to Internet.
Sort of. I just don't see the need for full 3G speed when 2G speed suffices for receiving IM (and SMS/IM through Google Voice). Not to mention 3G consumes more battery life than 2G even if they're both just connected to GChat and epage's The One Ring (google voice plugin).

I tried to configure it before so that the number of bytes required for a 3G connection was higher than the number of bytes needed to maintain the messengers online but the problem is after it switches to 2G it doesn't automatically re-connect to the internet, thus GChat and Google Voice are offline on the device. The way I dealt with that was to have the Search for Internet Connections prompt look for a connection every 10 minutes. But obviously if it's always searching for an internet connection (even if already connected to one) then would drain battery life too. Unless the search doesn't search for one if already connected.

The way I'm doing it now is just manually switching it to 2G when I don't need 3G speeds since there's no other method. I was hoping that there was some easy way to monitor when autodisconnect switches to 2G (perhaps d-bus) so the connect script could be ran to connect it to 2G Internet.

An exception list would just make the app perfect
Keep up the good work. One of the most usefull apps on the N900 imho.