Notices

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Recently I started to have problem with Autodisconnect not shutting down my GPRS interface. I can see in the log that it starts monitoring the interface, then after the initial wait interval it gives message "interface closed (externally)" and stops monitoring it. But actually interface is still up. So in result Autodisconnect never checks my GPRS interface. I have tried to toggle settings on/off but that was to no effect.
Any ideas?

EDIT: Rebooting device solved the problem for me.
Same thing is happening to me.

When reset is fixed but soon the same thing happens.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
just this morning i have discovered that my autodisconnect isnt working.I always go to sleep with the phone playing an internet radio,waking up in the morning to have the media player stopped and the internet off.....now my wifi doesnt shut down....the only thing ive changed was the PR 1.3 update and the version to 0.4.7

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@sophocha
Check your /var/log/autodisconenct.log
You can see what have autodisconnect done and what is the reason for not putting the interface down.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
hi,

I have a problem with the auto-switch feature (2G<->3G). It's doesn't work every time.

Since a few days, autodisconnect is not closing my idle wlan connection anymore due to too much traffic, but I have no apps opened and my email auto update disabled.
The log says : interface checked (+4500 - 7600) when doing nothing Oo
Is it 4500 bytes/min ?

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Hi there.

Thanks all for your feedback.

I haven't checked yet if AutoDisconnect was working correctly with PR1.3. I have to update my phone and run some tests. I will fix the bug submitted in the garage and will try to work on the enhancements tickets.

ETA : Before the end of the month.

Cheers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Thank you for working on it.

We look forward to and very impatient. : D

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
For me it works perfectly with PR1.3. Using it for switching to 3G when going online and disconnecting when idle. Not using for WLAN / BT.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by Arif View Post
I have no idea if this has been discussed before (50 pages ), but when I have set AutoDisconnect to switch from 2G to dual when connecting it kind of breaks. When I attempt to connect to the internet AutoDisconnect tries to switch to dual, but Maemo thinks it takes too long and I get the message ''unable to connect, retry?''. When I click ''yes'' AutoDisconnect has already switched back to 2G and you'll just be in a loop of trying to connect.
The only way to work around this is manually switching to dual (I use the switch thingy ) manually and then connect. Is there a way to let Maemo wait for cell data and then connect to the internet?
Yes.

I love this app but I got the very same annoying problem.

Maybe this can be modified by someone configuration I miss??

Last edited by Straycat; 2010-11-18 at 10:40. Reason: Ask another question

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Straycat View Post
Yes.

I love this app but I got the very same annoying problem.

Maybe this can be modified by someone configuration I miss??
Have you tried an higher value for the switch to dual ?

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post: