Notices

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by Arif View Post
I have no idea if this has been discussed before (50 pages ), but when I have set AutoDisconnect to switch from 2G to dual when connecting it kind of breaks. When I attempt to connect to the internet AutoDisconnect tries to switch to dual, but Maemo thinks it takes too long and I get the message ''unable to connect, retry?''. When I click ''yes'' AutoDisconnect has already switched back to 2G and you'll just be in a loop of trying to connect.
The only way to work around this is manually switching to dual (I use the switch thingy ) manually and then connect. Is there a way to let Maemo wait for cell data and then connect to the internet?
See my post above, it should fix it.

Last edited by calvin_42; 2010-12-21 at 23:55.

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
This application is necessary, but has a small problem that is causing me problems.

When I'm in a book and conincide converación time a request for data connection, if there is no wifi interreumpe the conversation to switch to 3G.

Is it possible to modify the application to avoid this? There are two solutions:

1) Reject the GPRS data connection to end the conversation.

2) Connect via GPRS while maintaining the type of connection you are at that time. If you are on 2G, then continue on 2G.
Hi!

I cannot reproduce it. If you're having a call, AutoDisconnect won't switch the network mode.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
Hi,

The auto-switch doesn't always work. I have a few ideas: I believe it might be because of the processor workload? It often happens when the media player is open and/or while music is playing.
My e-mail refreshes automatically and sometimes the N900 will be connected to Internet in 2.5G instead of 3G. My N900 has no devels installed, so I don't understand what this could stem from.

Thanks.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
Have you tried an higher value for the switch to dual ?
Yes, calvin.

And that solved the problem!

Thank you so much for care.

Merry Christmas.

The Following User Says Thank You to Straycat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Hi!

I cannot reproduce it. If you're having a call, AutoDisconnect won't switch the network mode.
Excuse me the delay in answering.

I have configured "Autodisconnect"to switch to 3G by connecting to the mobile network and back to 2G at the end.

If I'm on a call using 2G and during the call the N900 is connected to the network ... the call is dropped. The same applies if I'm talking to someone on 3G and N900 disconnected from the 3G Internet connection, changing it to 2G.

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
Excuse me the delay in answering.

I have configured "Autodisconnect"to switch to 3G by connecting to the mobile network and back to 2G at the end.

If I'm on a call using 2G and during the call the N900 is connected to the network ... the call is dropped. The same applies if I'm talking to someone on 3G and N900 disconnected from the 3G Internet connection, changing it to 2G.
Thanks for your feedback.

Can you, during a call (to your answerphone for example), open a terminal and run :

Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.freedesktop.Telepathy.ConnectionManager.ring /org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Connection/ring/tel/ring org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get string:org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection.Interface.Requests string:Channels
and post here the result ? And could you do the same thing when not in a call ?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by slider5 View Post
Hi,

The auto-switch doesn't always work. I have a few ideas: I believe it might be because of the processor workload? It often happens when the media player is open and/or while music is playing.
My e-mail refreshes automatically and sometimes the N900 will be connected to Internet in 2.5G instead of 3G. My N900 has no devels installed, so I don't understand what this could stem from.

Thanks.
Try to increase the duration switch to Dual or 3G in this case and tell me if it works. Thanks.

While on IPv6 trial with T-mobile (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60320) auto disconnect ignores my GPRSv6 connection:

[11:50:59][2415][GPRSv6] <if-up-start>
[11:50:59][2415][GPRSv6] <Kill 2444>
[11:50:59][2415][GPRSv6] interface ignored
[11:50:59][2415][GPRSv6] <if-up-stop>

ps. thanks for the hard work creating this app

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
Try to increase the duration switch to Dual or 3G in this case and tell me if it works. Thanks.
I tried, but it doesn't make any difference. I can connect to the internet, it doesn't notify me of any problems. But instead of switching to Dual or 3G, it stays in the initial state (GSM) and connects normally to internet. It's as though the auto-switch didn't work. I tried on another N900, it's the same thing.

Thanks

Originally Posted by slider5 View Post
I tried, but it doesn't make any difference. I can connect to the internet, it doesn't notify me of any problems. But instead of switching to Dual or 3G, it stays in the initial state (GSM) and connects normally to internet. It's as though the auto-switch didn't work. I tried on another N900, it's the same thing.

Thanks
- OK first let's check that you have configured correctly AutoDisconnect. Run in your terminal the following command and post here the result :

Code:
gconftool-2 -g /apps/autodisconnect/param_idle_network_mode_type
- Then switch your phone to 2G (GSM) and then run in a terminal :

Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.phone.net /com/nokia/phone/net Phone.Net.set_selected_radio_access_technology byte:2
Does your phone switch to 3G ?

- If so, could you switch back to 2G, and try to connect to the Internet. Then wait for AutoDisconnect to disconnect your phone and post here the last 30 lines of the file /var/log/autodisconnect.log

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post: