hello guys i nid help in the autoinstaller ..i get stuck at downloading nitdroid.manifest...hmm is my internet connection the problem?

thanks

i cant formatting dev mmcblklp2 how to help me please

[QUOTE=ebusuhejbi;913740]i cant formatting dev mmcblklp2 how to help me please i have a sandisk 4gb micro sd

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
More info on the problems? We will take you thru

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
More info on the problems? We will take you thru

bun
Off topic!

your signature is an apple of my eye

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Thanks. I love this forum.

BTW, I hope you noticed I used the word "We", that means, even in my absence, some of you will help the poor soul with problems in installing, right? The N900 is really a forum-help computer!

I am still with 0.08, as I am really happy with 0.08, I heard some good thing about 0.09 as well as gingerbread, but I am heading for a trip this weekend, and is NOT in the mood of tweaking my N900 in a hotel ...

Again, anybody wants to play with Nitdroid and having problems in installing, come on down, we will take you thru'

bun

I erased my nitdroid. I then started from scratch. I followed 1st post, using autoinstaller and installed 0.08, it took 8 min. I then followed this one, and now I am 0.09 with ALL my installed app. The whole process took 30 min.

To back up:
xterm
root
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
using winscp, I copied /and/data/app into a folder, I called /nitdroidDA.
I then do the upgrade. When done, I copied /nitdroidDA back to /and/data/app. I have over 150 apps installed over 1 minute.

post if questions,

bun, using autoinstaller and installed 0.08, it took 8 min. I then followed this one, and now I am 0.09 with ALL my installed app. The whole process took 30 min.

To back up:
xterm
root
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and
using winscp, I copied /and/data/app into a folder, I called /nitdroidDA.
I then do the upgrade. When done, I copied /nitdroidDA back to /and/data/app. I have over 150 apps installed over 1 minute.

post if questions,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2011-01-12 at 01:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Help with nitdroid installation for a nooby here i get error in xterminal as following:
Formatting /dev/mmcblk1p1 (vfat) . . .FAILURE. Bailing out .
how do i solve this please help

okay after trying again and again manage to get past that now i am stuck at second partition. i tried to do partition of my 8gb card through my windows xp laptop so now i have partition of 2100 mb. but when i try to install nitdroid get stuck on second partition. i tried to do partitioning from my n900 but failed dont know how to do it from the n900 tried to unmount mmc but it keeps failing and erroring out. pls help some one

Last edited by romiiio; 2011-01-14 at 16:28.

Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
Help with nitdroid installation for a nooby here i get error in xterminal as following:
Formatting /dev/mmcblk1p1 (vfat) . . .FAILURE. Bailing out .
how do i solve this please help

okay after trying again and again manage to get past that now i am stuck at second partition. i tried to do partition of my 8gb card through my windows xp laptop so now i have partition of 2100 mb. but when i try to install nitdroid get stuck on second partition. i tried to do partitioning from my n900 but failed dont know how to do it from the n900 tried to unmount mmc but it keeps failing and erroring out. pls help some one
I ran into partition issue before. It was resolved by following the "STEP 1" of the instruction in the wiki :http://wiki.nitdroid.com/index.php?title=N900-install to partition the SD. After that I continued with the procedure(in post 1) of this thread and was able to complete the install without further issue.

good luck

Last edited by cheve; 2011-01-14 at 18:49.

Thanks for your reply cheve when i try to follow the step 1 as you said i get stuck again and it gives this error
Could not stat /dev/mmcblk1p2 --- No such file or directory

The device apparently does not exists: did you specify it correctly?

what do i do now how do i solve this error please help

Tags
bada rox, face coconut, face palm, nitdroid n900