Notices

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Oh my.

I just installed this. I... like my tablet again.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
The latest version is 0.3.1-2 (but if you used qole's repo, you should be okay

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Yep... used Qole's repository, so I got the latest.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Is it worth fixing Registration and LogIn for Project Tear? I can't login. When I try to register as GeraldKo, it says the name is taken. When I say I forgot my password, it says it's sending me an email, but it doesn't show up at my email address.

It's fine with me, Bundyo, if you're happy just having us as guests. (Judging from your generosity in providing us this great program, I'm sure you're a wonderful host. )

[The guest that added Add FIND (that is, "Find on Page") functionality today -- that was me.]

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Um, the users need validation and couldn't find a way to skip that. All current users are validated though. Dunno about the password, but I can change it if you want.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Well, to ease installation for some people, I've thrown tear and libwebkit into my repository. I will gladly add bongo's bookmark package too, once he puts it into a .deb package.

Another benefit of this method is automatic alerts when Bundyo updates things (and I update my repository).

Qole's repository:
Web address: http://qole.maemobox.org/repository
Distribution: maemo
Components: main
That web address does not exist (Sunday 28/06/2009).
Thanks,
L.

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I tried installing qoles repository and I added it as new to application manager in the catalogs but when i look for it (tear) under category internet it is not there. If i try to open it in a browser it doesn't exist also. Isn't this what GeneralAntilles was trying to point out, third party repos dispappear?

Reading the first page of this thread giving instructions it isn't really clear to me how i can install it. I don't want to be writing stuff in xterminal in root unless it is only one or two lines and it is very clear that i won't be messing anything up.
I was happy to see that i can just install it via a repository (qole) without having to write any commands that might get me into trouble because I know very little about maemo code now i see i can't acceess qole repo because it seems to have disappeared.

Last edited by aironeous; 2009-06-29 at 01:37.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Qole's repository has moved:
Catalogue Name: Qole
Web address: http://qole.org/repository
Distribution: maemo
Components: main

The Following User Says Thank You to lm2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
And if it doesn't show up in App Mgr under Internet, try All.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Tags
brower, browser, browserd fix, khtml, microb alternative, microb killer, tear, webkit, www