Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Portugal
Hi,

Following this instructions:
http://maemo.org/community/wiki/Appl...gerRedPillMode , I can't switch to Red Pill mode.

I don't have "Tools > Application catalogue" but I have "Tools > Apllication Manager" and I can't find "NEW" anywhere....
Am I missing something?

I have release 4.2007.38-2

Thanks...

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Miami & London
It sounds as if you are starting from the Tools program group, rather than from the Tools menu within the Application Manager.

Try this:

1. Start the Application Manager program
2. Open the Menu (upper left corner)
3. Choose Tools > Application catalog
4. Click [New] ... follow instructions you found online.

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
I think you're just 1 step ahead of yourself.

You first launch the program "Application Manager". Once it's up, you choose "Tools -> Application Catalog" from it's menu at the top.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Portugal
Yep... That's it....

Thanks everyone...

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
How do you EXIT red pill mode? It worked find getting into it per the how-to, but when I enter "matrix" into the web address and hit cancel, I don't get the choice of blue or red any longer, and can't see any obvious way to return to the regular old safe mode in the Application Manager.....

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by HalSF View Post
How do you EXIT red pill mode? It worked find getting into it per the how-to, but when I enter "matrix" into the web address and hit cancel, I don't get the choice of blue or red any longer, and can't see any obvious way to return to the regular old safe mode in the Application Manager.....
No, that's what you do. Maybe you have a space after "matrix" or something. (Or, what do you get?)

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

The Following User Says Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
Doh! An extra space (via the auto-spell function of the N800 keyboard) was the problem. Color me dopey! Got back into blue no problem.