hi,

I just got myself the N800 and updated to OS2008. Now I'm a bit unhappy with the standard alarm clock, because the alarm always rings with the same volume and I want it a bit more quite.

Isn't there a way to set the volume of the alarm clock? Is there maybe something you could manipulate with x-term?

I was thinking of creating some mp3 with very low volume, but I'm not happy with this idea...

thanks!

Hi, this is an old question I know, but I'm bugged by the same problem - the alarm sound is too loud! Did you find a solution? Is there another alarm clock app out there?

Last edited by borghal; 2008-05-11 at 22:29.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
You can just put in any mp3, browse to it, and make it your alarm. If it's a short mp3, it just keeps replaying it until you turn off the alarm.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

GeraldKo, thanks for the answer, but my problem is the _volume_ of the alarm, not the mp3. I'd like to change the volume of the alarm, as it goes to 100% very fast and when the n800 is lying next to my head on the bedside table it's too loud.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by borghal View Post
GeraldKo, thanks for the answer, but my problem is the _volume_ of the alarm, not the mp3.
I believe GeraldKo was suggesting you use a quiet MP3.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ France
I'm interesting in setting manually the alarm sound volume, because i tried to lower media player sound volume, systems sound volume, and it's ever the same, as you : too LOUD.
It makes my girlfriend angry :-(